Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Rep icon ;D

AuthorMessageTime
Gangz
Does anyone know how to make the legendary rep icon? If so I would much like to know ;D
November 2, 2003, 5:55 AM
Dyndrilliac
The Icon code is Icon_Blizz(In my bot, at least), but so far I only know how to make it appear CLientSided. I imagine you have to send a packet that only Blizzard TechBots send, or are coded to send upon logging on.
November 2, 2003, 6:00 AM
Gangz
Yea im trieng to look for the packet it sends that makes it have that icon.I don't think it's possible to find but its work a shot.
November 2, 2003, 8:31 AM
Dyndrilliac
Well, not all the time its sending a packet, for example, the UDP plug is only obtainable by not sending 0x14 before 0x51 or at all, so possibly there is a packet being sent that keeps you from using the TechBot Icon, which the Blizzard bot doesn't send. It can work eitherway.
November 2, 2003, 9:08 AM
Paul
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=0#msg26981 date=1067761872]
Yea im trieng to look for the packet it sends that makes it have that icon.I don't think it's possible to find but its work a shot.
[/quote]

Doesn't it make more sense that the Blizzard Rep's accounts are stored in a database that is located on the account server, which is at Blizzard Headquarters AND that when the Blizzard Rep logs into the Realm with his/her username and password the server flags that account name based on the information stored in the account server database with a Blizzard Icon rather than some cheese & HUGE security risk theory about secret packets being sent to authenticate such privileged users, like a Blizz. Rep.??
November 2, 2003, 10:04 AM
Crim-Training
probably
November 2, 2003, 1:11 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Paul link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=0#msg26986 date=1067767443]

Doesn't it make more sense that the Blizzard Rep's accounts are stored in a database that is located on the account server, which is at Blizzard Headquarters AND that when the Blizzard Rep logs into the Realm with his/her username and password the server flags that account name based on the information stored in the account server database with a Blizzard Icon rather than some cheese & HUGE security risk theory about secret packets being sent to authenticate such privileged users, like a Blizz. Rep.??
[/quote]

I notice the intelligentsia (that is, the vL people) have been silent on this thread.
November 2, 2003, 1:30 PM
iago
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=0#msg26998 date=1067779831]
[quote author=Paul link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=0#msg26986 date=1067767443]

[/quote]

I notice the intelligentsia (that is, the vL people) have been silent on this thread.
[/quote]

*notes that the thread has only been up for 7 hours overnight.

I think being a blizzard rep is actually part of your account. Some other rep can say, /setrep iago[vL] and from then on when I logged on wih iago[vL] I'd be a rep. The only way to confirm this would be to guess a rep's password :)
November 2, 2003, 2:20 PM
Skywing
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=0#msg27019 date=1067782844]
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=0#msg26998 date=1067779831]

[/quote]

[/quote]

*notes that the thread has only been up for 7 hours overnight.

I think being a blizzard rep is actually part of your account. Some other rep can say, /setrep iago[vL] and from then on when I logged on wih iago[vL] I'd be a rep. The only way to confirm this would be to guess a rep's password :)
[/quote]
I've had access to a privileged account. Access is controlled via username.
November 2, 2003, 5:39 PM
Dyndrilliac
Well, PAul, yes, your idea is probably a much more realistic way of how things happen concerning the Rep Icon, and robably most of it's true, however it would be kind of disapointing to think that using bots you can fake so much information being sent to the server and not someway somehow fond an answer. Hope is the human races greatest strength and it's greatest weakness, and for that reason, Well, I just like my answer better :P.
November 2, 2003, 7:19 PM
Paul
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=0#msg27065 date=1067802926]
I always thought it was based on IP address to decide whether or not an account is 'privileged'
[/quote]

I'd be suprised if that were the case.
November 2, 2003, 8:05 PM
Zakath
No, it is based on username. I've seen firsthand proof.
November 2, 2003, 9:43 PM
Kp
... basing it solely upon username is IMO not such a good idea, as the situation(s) alluded to herein point up. They would have been better off to have it doubly bound; that is, certain accounts marked as "potential administrators," subject to the user possessing some additional hard-to-fake quality, such as coming off a special subnet or knowing an additional passphrase.
November 2, 2003, 10:44 PM
Freeware
There is absolutely no way to get the Rep icon unless you guess the password to a rep account. Of course there is always the chance that the accounts could be 'locked' from anyone logging on besides specific computers.

yet another idiotic question by Gangz, seems that half the entire bot board is dominated by his stupid questions.

me thinks just dont let Gangz post any more topics -1 for being the dumbest person here.
November 3, 2003, 1:37 AM
Dyndrilliac
Freeware, that is of course your perogative, however, the fact remains - You do not know everything there is to know about this subject. Who's to say it's impossible? And, using your way, you couldd just bruteforce an administrative account, and packetlog it to see exactly what happens. And more often than not, I am fairly sure something other than "Oh, well since you logged on as a rep you magically and unexplainably got a cool icon, neat, lets go make fun of people that know less than us!" will occur.

K, thanks.
November 3, 2003, 2:04 AM
Freeware
[quote author=Dyndrilliac link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=15#msg27148 date=1067825077]
Freeware, that is of course your perogative, however, the fact remains - You do not know everything there is to know about this subject. Who's to say it's impossible? And, using your way, you couldd just bruteforce an administrative account, and packetlog it to see exactly what happens. And more often than not, I am fairly sure something other than "Oh, well since you logged on as a rep you magically and unexplainably got a cool icon, neat, lets go make fun of people that know less than us!" will occur.

K, thanks.
[/quote]

^ useless bungle of words that have no point

I never said it was impossible: There is absolutely no way to get the Rep icon unless you guess the password to a rep account.

I am almost 100% sure that even Battle.Net wouldnt make a Rep icon accessible clientside, even they probably arent that dumb. -1 to you for being as dumb as GanGz
November 4, 2003, 12:15 AM
Dyndrilliac
[quote author=Freeware link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=15#msg27270 date=1067904909]
[quote author=Dyndrilliac link=board=17;threadid=3372;start=15#msg27148 date=1067825077]

K, thanks.
[/quote]

^ useless bungle of words that have no point

I never said it was impossible: There is absolutely no way to get the Rep icon unless you guess the password to a rep account.

I am almost 100% sure that even Battle.Net wouldnt make a Rep icon accessible clientside, even they probably arent that dumb. -1 to you for being as dumb as GanGz
[/quote]

Lol - Have you tested this? "I am almost 100% sure" - I take it, no? And yes, you did say it's impossible to obtain a rep icon without having a working Account/Password. "There is absolutely no way" - Since you have a qualifier - This means it's impossible to do so unless the qualifier is reached - unless your just stupid and have no idea what your saying.

I personally remember a program that could change your Latency Icon to whtever you wished it to be, but it was clientsided. Also, I find it hard that the aformentioned way is the only method possible - There is ALWAYS an alternative, whether it be right or wrong.

And personally - maybe you should read the rules of this forum? "no flaming or blatant stupidity" - Try and check your things on the way out...it's wrong for you or anyoneelse to tell ANYONE they are wrong, when: A) You have not thoroughly tested and exhausted all possible solutions, and B) Act superior to every other user because you have a superiorty complex, which by the way, you should have that looked into.

Furhter more - You never ever had to read this thread at all. Your mad because people are trying to answer a question, and help another human being witha problem. You should be disgusted to walk the face of the earth. I hope you die of cancer and are hit by an oncoming truck while being transported to your burial site. You have no right whatsoever to make any absolute statments here.
November 4, 2003, 1:16 AM
Paul
It's also ridiculous... ;D
November 4, 2003, 3:41 AM
Soul Taker
Of course you can make yourself have it client-side only, just send your client a flags update packet with the proper flag. But... what's the point of that?
November 4, 2003, 8:51 AM
Arta
In answer to the original question: For all practical purposes, this is not possible.

Please don't flame eachother. There's just no need to call people dumb.
November 4, 2003, 9:43 AM

Search