Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | i have a php problem

AuthorMessageTime
lunatic
this is what happens when i try to go to my site..
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: themes_get_language() in /home/lunatic/public_html/reloaded/theme.php on line 30

ok now i went to line 30 it reads
themes_get_language();
any one know what my problem is??
October 31, 2003, 2:01 AM
iago
That's the dumbest question I ever heard. READ THE ERROR!

It says you're missing the function themes_get_language(), and on that line it calls that function!
October 31, 2003, 2:09 AM
Grok
POTD.
October 31, 2003, 2:53 AM
iago
I win the Post of the Day! Is it only Oct. 30 that has a post of the day?
October 31, 2003, 2:58 AM
j0k3r
PHP sucks at giving you accurate errors, it's almost never what the error reads, nor is it always on the right line.

It looks like you are trying to use PHP Nuke... If you get that when you try to view your website and it isn't working then you need to change the theme which can be tedious. Your theme can be corrupted, incompatible with your PHP Nuke version, or maybe you were just screwing around with it too much.

Try these:
1. Find a PHP Nuke support site, this site doesn't even run PHP Nuke (then again, I'm an idiot and what do I know), there are PHP Nuke freaks on those sites
2. Look around to make sure the theme actually works (sites that you can download themes from usually have user comments) and if its compatible.
3. Try reuploading the theme
4. Manually change the theme (this is hard, and you should try to find some sites), if this does not work...
5. Completely reupload Nuke with the default theme
October 31, 2003, 3:09 AM
warz
+1 to joker for providing help. -1 to iago and Grok for being hypocrites.
October 31, 2003, 1:33 PM
Grok
[quote author=warz link=board=2;threadid=3343;start=0#msg26639 date=1067607183]
[/quote]

SONOFABITCH. My karma!
October 31, 2003, 2:20 PM
Arta
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=2;threadid=3343;start=0#msg26624 date=1067569785]
PHP sucks at giving you accurate errors, it's almost never what the error reads, nor is it always on the right line.
[/quote]

Nonsense. It gives perfectly useful errors. Very few languages will always quote the correct line, and with good reason: The line it quotes is wrong because of an oversight in a previous line which may be syntactically correct. To date, I have never seen PHP give me an error that' just plain wrong.

GJ on the rest though.
October 31, 2003, 2:41 PM
iago
[/quote]

I told him his problem; it says it can't find that function on a line that calls the function! Doesn't get much simpler!
October 31, 2003, 2:49 PM
Thing
+1 to Grok for using SONOFABITCH in a sentence.
October 31, 2003, 3:01 PM
Hitmen
It wasn't used in a sentence, it was used as a sentence.
October 31, 2003, 7:53 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=3343;start=0#msg26642 date=1067610007]
[/quote]

SONOFABITCH. My karma!
[/quote]

now you know how i felt when my karma got reset :P, well not really, because mine went back to 0
November 1, 2003, 2:22 AM
Adron
Well, you were cheating with your karma modifications anyway. And worse, posting links to sucker people into improving your statistics somewhere, which routinely gets people banned from the forum. (i.e. like links to online "games" where you get a point for everyone you fool into visiting your page)
November 1, 2003, 11:24 AM
Mephisto
Perhaps you should define your function first?

function themes_get_language()
{
statements;
}

Then when line 30 calls themes_get_language() function it knows where to retrieve the statements to execute and thus your errors will cease to exist...
(unless you have allready declared this function, then I don't know, nor care)
November 8, 2003, 6:24 PM
Darkness22k
In the file somewhere there should be:
function themes_get_language()
{
include("language.tpl");
}
or something like it (I just made that up). If there isnt, then you need to redownload the theme or change it to a different one.
November 8, 2003, 6:43 PM
j0k3r
Mephisto - In PHP(Nuke, as he was using) everything is written already, all you have to do is upload the files, create your database, and configure one file. Any errors you get are probably just errors in the files and 90% re-uploading will fix them.
November 8, 2003, 11:31 PM

Search