Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | News | D2 1.1 Released?

AuthorMessageTime
iago
Apparently, it's true! :)

[quote]The Diablo II 1.10 Patch Has Arrived!
Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Yes, you're reading correctly, the day has finally come for the Diablo II 1.10 patch! This patch is our largest to date in terms of game changes and offers many new things for Diablo II players, including seasonal ladder characters, more-challenging gameplay, enhanced skills, new items, new anti-cheat measures, a new game-world event, and much much more! This would not have been possible without the support of a great gaming community and the dedication and hard work of some very talented people. We would like to thank you for helping us beta test the 1.10 patch and for your patience while this patch was completed. Big thanks also to the “Hell Day Testers,” fan sites, and forums for all the great feedback. We hope you enjoy this special upgrade to Diablo II.
Simply connect to Battle.net to download the patch. We will post the standalone version on our FTP site as soon as it's available.

Players of Hardcore characters in Hell difficulty games should note that a new, extremely challenging world-event has been added in Diablo II version 1.10. If you value your Hardcore character's life, be even more cautious when encountering Superunique monsters, and be prepared to execute a hasty Save and Exit if your situation seems too dangerous.

For more information about the patch, go here. To read more about the new content in Diablo II 1.10, visit the Arreat Summit. Also, we created a new wallpaper to commemorate the long-awaited launch of Diablo II 1.10; it’s available for download now.

We'll see you on Battle.net! Make sure to watch the forums and Battle.net channels for news about the new secret world event! [/quote]
October 28, 2003, 7:29 PM
Yoni
Yeah, some crazy BNLS admin made this broadcast too:

[quote]WHOA!! YOU GUYS!! 1.10 IS OUT!!!!!!11 Anyway, updated LOD hash files and version byte for all those of you who like BNLS. D2 classic coming up shortly.[/quote]
October 28, 2003, 7:51 PM
Crim-Training
yer patch is here.. great, well thats the end of my d2 career sux to be so unlegit
October 28, 2003, 8:15 PM
j0k3r
o... m... g...

I thought it was just a legend... 1 4m 4fr41d.

[edit]On another note, every of the 5 forums I post on no matter how off topic it is, have atleast 2 threads of people freaking out over it.[/edit]
October 28, 2003, 10:05 PM
iago
hmm, I wouldn't say anybody's feaking out here, I'd say.
October 29, 2003, 12:21 AM
Etheran
[quote author=iago link=board=1;threadid=3311;start=0#msg26278 date=1067386905]
hmm, I wouldn't say anybody's feaking out here, I'd say.
[/quote][me=Etheran]freaks out[/me]
October 29, 2003, 12:31 AM
Hitmen
Hurray for blizzard!

We have about a week until the realms are flooded with dupes and bugs!
October 29, 2003, 12:35 AM
j0k3r
It will take weeks for (actual) hackers to make programs and dupes, and a couple MONTHS for public releases of hacks.
October 29, 2003, 1:25 AM
Hitmen
Hmph. Even better news 8)
October 29, 2003, 3:29 AM
Naem
I can just imagine how hard the World Event is going to be in Hardcore. Shit.
October 30, 2003, 6:40 PM
j0k3r
Do you guys know what it is yet? At '250 Stones of Jordan have been sold to Merchant' it will say 'Diablo walks the Earth', and will shake, then the next super unique to spawn will be the 'Diablo Clone' and has a change of dropping some really unique things.
October 30, 2003, 9:28 PM
iago
apparently the link to SoJ's sold isn't totally proven..
October 30, 2003, 9:36 PM
j0k3r
Well, they posted a screentshot a long time ago that said 'xx sojs sold to merchant' and they SAID that that was part of the secret. I know for a fact that 'Diablo Spawn' appears randomly, I have friends who've fought him and I've seen screenshots, but yeah, maybe the sojs sold is just a spoof to encourage more people to sell sojs.

At any rate, it's working, sojs have been reduced quite a bit.
October 31, 2003, 1:16 AM
Hitmen
On the battle.net forums GFraizer said that the number of SoJ's it was saying wasn't right and not to pay attention to the actual number.

When it says diablo walks the earth, Diablo appears somewhere but is many times harder than the real diablo. When you kill him he drops a unique charm, the Annihilus small charm:

Required Level: 70
+1 To All Skills
+10-20 To All Attributes
All Resistances +10-20
+5-10% To Experience Gained
October 31, 2003, 2:00 AM
13-yr-Old-Newb
I quit d2 right after I tried playing 1.10. My lvl 99 hardcore character died after trying to kill Baal in Hell. I almost broke the damn disc in half.
December 1, 2003, 8:56 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=13-yr-Old-Newb link=board=1;threadid=3311;start=0#msg32951 date=1070312192]
I quit d2 right after I tried playing 1.10. My lvl 99 hardcore character died after trying to kill Baal in Hell. I almost broke the damn disc in half.
[/quote]
The hacked one? END YOURSELF NOW NOOB.
December 1, 2003, 9:12 PM
Mitosis
ewww hacks... I had a lvl 78 on hardcore, was good for me but u all probably think its shit. Some guy tked me...!!!!
December 1, 2003, 10:52 PM
Ansuz
yeah, baal is harder when ur playing on hell level...my char almost died killing him
December 2, 2003, 6:52 AM
j0k3r
Anything is hard in hell, you walk out of A1 and you get fanatacism MSLE quill rats.
December 2, 2003, 11:52 AM
ITAKal89
Yeah, 1.1 nukes a lot of, "n00bish," aspects, but it also ruins a lot of great aspects (which I can barely remember, I've been contemplating whether or not to quit the game entirely, AGAIN). ^_^
May 23, 2004, 8:03 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=ITAKal89 link=board=1;threadid=3311;start=15#msg61396 date=1085342603]
Yeah, 1.1 nukes a lot of, "n00bish," aspects, but it also ruins a lot of great aspects (which I can barely remember, I've been contemplating whether or not to quit the game entirely, AGAIN). ^_^
[/quote]

Let me be the first one to warn you off of doing something like this again....

The last post, made by j0k3r, was made on December 2nd.

Today is May 23rd.

That's 174 days between the time of the last post and your post.

On these forums, it's considered extremely bad practice and also quite rude to resurrect dead threads like that.
May 23, 2004, 8:20 PM
iago
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=1;threadid=3311;start=15#msg61405 date=1085343657]
[quote author=ITAKal89 link=board=1;threadid=3311;start=15#msg61396 date=1085342603]
[/quote]

Let me be the first one to warn you off of doing something like this again....

The last post, made by j0k3r, was made on December 2nd.

Today is May 23rd.

That's 174 days between the time of the last post and your post.

On these forums, it's considered extremely bad practice and also quite rude to resurrect dead threads like that.
[/quote]

But he did add something to it, not just post "lol", and the rule tends to be "don't resurrect old topics if you have nothing to add"
May 23, 2004, 9:15 PM
j0k3r
It should have stayed dead nonetheless...

Might as well not let this go to waste. From a more mature standpoint (know more about patch and played through it), the game is fine, alot of content has been added, items are alot different, and it is sort of harder but not impossible, just gotta keep your wits about you.
May 23, 2004, 10:11 PM

Search