Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Outlook is stupid.

AuthorMessageTime
Skywing
Despite my having set my system to be in a non-DST timezone, Outlook felt the need to shift all of my calendar items over one hour, apparently expecting the system clock to get shifted too. What a major nuisance...
October 27, 2003, 1:16 PM
Yoni
My calendar is managed by Notepad.
October 27, 2003, 2:49 PM
iago
Mine is managed by a mechanical pencil.
October 27, 2003, 6:25 PM
Adron
That sounds strange. I thought it'd store them in GMT, and then it wouldn't matter if you used DST or not, no need to ever shift anything...
October 27, 2003, 6:29 PM
iago
Well, there is technically a shift every time he reads them out of his calender and has to convert them to his local time :P

And we don't have the convenience of living within a couple hours of GMT, ~9 hours is a lot to use sometimes.
October 27, 2003, 6:31 PM
hismajesty
I do not use a calendar...I just hope I remember stuff. (I usually fail btw) :P
October 27, 2003, 8:50 PM
Myndfyr
Outlook is stupid, at least to me, cuz... well, I want to keep my email. I can't count the number of times I've had to refer back to emails a year or more past.

That said, when I'm downloading email, the computer nearly stops responding as (apparently) Outlook continually has to resize its data store. All I can hear is my hard drive clattering nonstop, and occasionally my laptop fan turns on just from checking my email.

It's somewhat ridiculous.
October 28, 2003, 3:12 AM
iago
I've never had any of those problems. Outlook keeps my email, and downloads emails just fine.
October 28, 2003, 3:45 AM
Eibro
I don't have Outlook; and Outlook Express has been a security pain the past, so I use Thunderbird.
October 28, 2003, 4:19 AM

Search