Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Stupid question, But is it possible

AuthorMessageTime
DeMoKiLL
Is it possible to make a program that makes illegal names? Can it like bypass the packet that blocks illegal names? :-/
January 3, 2003, 4:24 PM
DeMoKiLL
There is nothing on that site about illegal name creation I looked in the source
January 3, 2003, 4:44 PM
Cell-RC
gogo carcasim
January 3, 2003, 4:57 PM
DeMoKiLL
Warz, where on the site is it exactly located?
January 3, 2003, 5:30 PM
haZe
LOL! Lets see you make one then, warz. Make the name ~`i!WaRz!i`~ and ill give u 127 keys for it. and 14 proxies. 24/7 proxies. lets c u do it.
January 3, 2003, 8:56 PM
DeMoKiLL
Warz I cant find it on your site. Does anyone else know how to?
January 4, 2003, 12:05 AM
indulgence
:cough: not possible :cough:
January 4, 2003, 1:38 AM
DeMoKiLL
Guess it isnt, because I asked everyone on bnet they say its not posssible, And c0ke said he never tried. Maybe someone will attempt it and actually succeed, only time will tell. :P
January 4, 2003, 1:46 AM
LoRd
Infect battle.net's main systems with sub7 trojans
gogogogo
January 4, 2003, 5:05 AM
MesiaH
All name creations are processed through server side applications triggered by specific packets sent from the client.

the only possible way you can create illegal characters would be to edit the server software, which is impossible.

There are no packets to catch or edit or anything like that, you just cant do it.

and i noticed this:
[quote]gogo carcasim[/quote]

gogo spellcheck :P

January 4, 2003, 5:55 AM
Yoni
[quote]Is it possible to make a program that makes illegal names? Can it like bypass the packet that blocks illegal names? :-/[/quote]
No.

January 4, 2003, 6:15 AM
DeMoKiLL
k thanx
January 4, 2003, 2:17 PM
MesiaH
[quote]
No.

.[/quote]

Yoni makes things so simple, damn you are a g0d :)
January 4, 2003, 6:21 PM
iago
[quote]
No.

.[/quote]

... unless you work at Blizzard or have access to a time machine

:-P
January 6, 2003, 12:42 PM
haZe
Nooo
Even if you work at blizz you can't make an illegal name..I asked one of the dudes...and plus..they disabled it so its impossible.
(Unless you work at blizz, tweak the sys, make an illegal, and undo the tweak lol)
January 6, 2003, 4:41 PM
UserLoser
What about single digit character names? I know how to make names that contain more than one underscore or hyphons...i havnt tried it on a bot that is capable of making characters, but i know it works on diablo 2/lod its self..ive always wanted a character named "J".........
January 6, 2003, 5:48 PM
Yoni
[quote]Nooo
Even if you work at blizz you can't make an illegal name..I asked one of the dudes...and plus..they disabled it so its impossible.
(Unless you work at blizz, tweak the sys, make an illegal, and undo the tweak lol)[/quote]
"One of the dudes"?

If you asked any Blizzard employee paid to answer questions in channel Blizzard Tech Support, the information you got is likely wrong.

"Tweak the sys"? How do you know what the Admin access to Battle.net works like, have you ever been a Battle.net Admin?

[quote]What about single digit character names? I know how to make names that contain more than one underscore or hyphons...i havnt tried it on a bot that is capable of making characters, but i know it works on diablo 2/lod its self..ive always wanted a character named "J".........[/quote]
Character names are a different story.
There are some client-sided restrictions that aren't enforced on the server.
For example, the client doesn't allow you to create a character name that consists of only 1 char or of multiple underscores, but the server will.
You can create such a character either by using a bot that connects to the realms, or by using D2 with a hack that disables the client-sided restrictions.

(Note that you can't play a character with multiple underscores - the game server kicks you off.)
January 6, 2003, 6:40 PM
UserLoser
So i can just use a bot like HukChat or soupbot that connects to realms, and still be able to create single digit character names? im not exactly sure...And yes i did figure out i couldnt join games on my character with multiple underscores, but it does catch other users eyes while trading ;)

----
sweet! i just created a character J on asia (Tested there for certain reasons, i never know what bnet is going to do to me)
January 6, 2003, 6:44 PM
Yoni
[quote]sweet! i just created a character J on asia (Tested there for certain reasons, i never know what bnet is going to do to me)[/quote]Very likely nothing.
They could do a lot (see their EULA for more information), but more than likely they don't care enough.
January 6, 2003, 6:49 PM
UserLoser
im having trouble on east, it seems like the entire alphabet is taken :'(

------
:'( Yeah, this sucks, all single letter names are [U]taken[/U] :'( (On east..)
January 6, 2003, 6:51 PM
UserLoser
I can't seem to get any 2 digit names working either, whoever owns the name J.... :'(
January 6, 2003, 7:17 PM
iago
Well, if you have access to a time machine you can still make illegal names :-D

In fact, if I had access to a time machine, I'd register iago@azeroth on useast :-)
January 6, 2003, 10:40 PM
UserLoser
I can still make them, just not on east, all taken, i own 8 single letter names on europe and some on asia..
January 7, 2003, 7:16 PM
jnem
If I had access to a time machine, I'd go back into time and never buy starcraft. I'd also go back into the past, and convince some unsuspecting vl member to make me a moderator, so I could delete this thread. If it's a stupid question, why even ask it? Do you really feel the need to display your stupidity *THAT* much?
January 7, 2003, 8:23 PM
St0rm.iD
jnem: you are a faggot.
January 7, 2003, 11:03 PM
jnem
Flame! Flame! Flame!
Code red, we have a flamer on forum #319, tengo alpha charlie.
January 7, 2003, 11:48 PM
Grok
"There are no stupid questions.

Only stupid people who ask questions."

-Chris Berman
January 8, 2003, 1:50 AM
WinSocks
personally i think that blizz reps can make illegals, why would they be restricted, what about old accounts that get mysteriously deleted from Alen.L's stupidity...... But other than that, if some programming god made that program to bypass b.net protocols and change it so you can make illegal characters then i would cry  ;D

but....... i highly doub't that it's even or every will be possible. It would be like trying to gain access to the pentigon with telnet...
January 8, 2003, 2:05 AM
Wolf
WinSocks, it's not "I think they can make illigals", it's yes they can make illigals. I know that because there is someone that had just told me today "My friends, dad's, friend works for blizzard and is going to make me an illigal account" I won't say his name so that flamers don't go bitching at him for accounts. As for why did they remove the characters? Well a blizzard rep told me they needed to reserve the characters for server function use. I'm almost 95% sure thats bull shit, because the only char I seen used by the server is the "@" which I have only seen used with WarCraft 3, dealing with the <user>@Azeroth crap. Why I think there bull shitting is, why ban a huge range of characters? If they needed the @ sign why not just remove that char instead of !,$,^, etc. ?? I have not seen, !, $, ^, +, {, }, (, ), ~, `, | use once on that god damn server. I dunno why they would do that when there is no point, and when there is no need to do so.  >:(
January 8, 2003, 2:35 AM
Paul
"I'm almost 95% sure thats bull shit"

Are you sure you aren't 96% sure? I dunno, but I happen to be a 96%. Yes, 96% feels quite comfortable.
January 8, 2003, 4:04 AM
Yoni
[quote]the only char I seen used by the server is the "@"[/quote]
What about "#"?
January 8, 2003, 9:54 AM
Wolf
Paul, are you trying to be a smart ass? Because mocking me just makes you look like a complete dumb shit.

Oh ya and Yoni, sorry man i forgot about the "#" hehehe, thanks for pointing that out ^.^
January 8, 2003, 10:05 AM
iago
If you include '#', you would also have to include colors, spaces, > chr(127), etc.

'#' has always been an illegal character :)
January 8, 2003, 12:33 PM

Search