Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Sending Keys to a Program

AuthorMessageTime
haZe
Ok. I need to send the following keys to Sims.exe about 10,000 times =D
CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+C
pressing that will open a little text box
then i need to send
KLAPAUCIUS;KLAPAUCIUS;KLAPAUCIUS;KLAPAUCIUS;KLAPAUCIUS;KLAPAUCIUS;KLAPAUCIUS;
into the textbox that ctrl+shift+alt+c opened
how can I do that?
also, IF i can do that, does the sims need to be maximized?
January 1, 2003, 8:46 PM
MesiaH
use the windows name and use sendmessage(), id use an API spy on it to find out a little more on its class' and so on, but the window does not need to be open, but when you call the message, it may maximize the window on its own, depending on how its done.
January 1, 2003, 10:46 PM
warz
Quit the sims -- it's [was last time i checked] the top selling game in america, and for what? you sit and pretend to do things, when you could go do them in real life. Not to mention you're like "oh wow look, my character has the perfect life... look at all this fun stuff he can do, and make me wish i was him" blah blah, it's a girls game. You boys should be playing Quake 3 or something. Something containing nudity, blood, and cussing. [not to mention, doing it all for money that doesn't really affect the game play, because you'll just be using money codes anyways]. And stuff....
January 2, 2003, 1:04 AM
haZe
I do play Quake 3.
January 2, 2003, 9:42 AM
Zakath
I don't. ;D

Not a fan of first-person-shooters, to tell the truth.

I prefer RTS and RPG games, sigh...

Nudity is always fun though. :P
January 3, 2003, 11:18 PM
Etheran
hl.exe -console -game cstrike +connect www.valhallalegends.com:27015

see ya there ^_^
January 4, 2003, 7:15 AM
St0rm.iD
UT is better than everything.

BTW:

AppActivate "The Sims"
SendKeys "{CTRL}{SHIFT}C"
January 5, 2003, 2:21 PM
WolfSage
I believe in sims there was a way to type in a cheat. Then, after you hit enter, you type like =300000 or something and it would repeat it that many times. Don't remember though. A loooooooong time ago....
January 8, 2003, 7:17 PM

Search