Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Tutors?

AuthorMessageTime
Mitosis
Hey guys, since I am new here and dont really know if I can ask this Ill just give it a shot. Do you guys provide like tutors to teach people VB or something? Maybe work out an agrement or something or for free? ;)
Thanks,
Russ
October 25, 2003, 8:27 PM
iago
[quote author=Mitosis link=board=31;threadid=3261;start=0#msg25686 date=1067113648]
Hey guys, since I am new here and dont really know if I can ask this Ill just give it a shot. Do you guys provide like tutors to teach people VB or something? Maybe work out an agrement or something or for free? ;)
Thanks,
Russ
[/quote]

I'll help you, we'll work out a payment plan later!

Let's say, $1000 up front, $200/week thereafter
October 25, 2003, 8:32 PM
Tuberload
Site: google
Keywords: Visual Basic Tutorial

There is a ridiculous amount of what seem to be good matches found.

Another good site, if you learn by example, is www.planetsourcecode.com. They allow users to upload their source code for a variety of languages. Visual Basics just happens to be the most populated directory, go figure, so it should soot you real nicely.

Edit: Don't tell anyone ;D
October 25, 2003, 8:36 PM
iago
There's no S in Visual Basic! I mean, there's only 2 S's, but there's no S on the end!
October 25, 2003, 8:42 PM
Mitosis
Heh, I have looked all around google, planetsource code and tons of other places. They kinda tend to jump around from place to place. Iago do you got aim? We can talk about tutoring me? Lol
October 25, 2003, 8:52 PM
Tuberload
[quote author=iago link=board=31;threadid=3261;start=0#msg25690 date=1067114567]
There's no S in Visual Basic! I mean, there's only 2 S's, but there's no S on the end!
[/quote]
Heh I guess you are right, silly me. The keywords still come up with plenty of matches.
October 25, 2003, 9:07 PM
Tuberload
http://www.free-ed.net/ All kinds of learning material, including Visual Basic.
http://www.programmingtutorials.com/ url speaks for itself.
http://www.thetutorial.com/Visual_Basic_Tutorials/ another one.

I hope these help, and they were all found using the method I posted before.
October 25, 2003, 9:21 PM
Adron
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=31;threadid=3261;start=0#msg25701 date=1067116030]
Heh I guess you are right, silly me. The keywords still come up with plenty of matches.
[/quote]

visual basics is just a very different thing from Visual Basic. Kind of like programming basics, cooking basics, or whatever basics you want to learn.
October 25, 2003, 9:27 PM
iago
[quote author=Adron link=board=31;threadid=3261;start=0#msg25704 date=1067117230]
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=31;threadid=3261;start=0#msg25701 date=1067116030]
[/quote]

visual basics is just a very different thing from Visual Basic. Kind of like programming basics, cooking basics, or whatever basics you want to learn.
[/quote]

Ok, visual basics.

Start by opening your eyes and turning your head. But dont turn your head 360 degrees, that would be an annoying reference that's been overused.
October 25, 2003, 9:28 PM
DarkVirus
The best type of tutor is a book and the time to read it in. People need tutors when they are either out of ideas for advancement in a topic, or they are too lazy to take it upon themselves and look for the information. I think it was your post I replied with various links to certain books, but if you seriously need a tutor, then a I would consider it if you paid me. It wouldnt have been the first time I've tutored for money but if you want the full effect I'd be willing to do it if I got paid. Drop me a line at DarkVirus@Valhallalegends.Com and I'll help you there, or just email me if you want help in general. I suggest Visual Basic .net... not 6.0 if this is the language your sticking with. If you email me, be sure to include a title that will stick out amongst the various spam and junk mail I recieve... Something normally that includes DarkVirus or Dv etc... would jump out at me even though I scan over each email's title. :)
October 25, 2003, 11:15 PM
Mitosis
Well DarkVirus,
I emailed you and am trying to talk to you on aim. Guess your not around the comp so when ever your there email me back and talk to me on aim so wer can arrange something.
October 25, 2003, 11:57 PM
j0k3r
Oh oh I'm willing to do it for the cheapest! I took a Visual Basic programming class last year, and to be totally honest I think it's best to have a tutor while you're just getting into something, and once you can start developing your own ideas then you say screw the tutor and teach yourself and countinue to learn on your own.
October 26, 2003, 2:36 AM
DarkVirus
Taking a class in VB is different than having 7 years of experience in it ;) I've also excelled in 6.0 and .Net which makes me the better candidate for a tutor so stop taking my buisness :P
October 26, 2003, 4:57 AM
Mitosis
DarkVirus, we got a problem. I dont have .Net so ummm what would we do? 6.0? Alright this is what I got. Visual Enterprise< Visual CPP and Visual Basic.
October 26, 2003, 1:07 PM
Mitosis
Oh and if your too expensive Ill switch to Joker! Lol ;)
October 26, 2003, 1:08 PM
DarkVirus
I'm still checking the posts, but the majority of my interaction with this project Mit will be via Email. Joker how much are you charging to screw with this kids head? Btw, wouldn't you rather have a member of vL as a tutor rather than some loser off the street who wants to make a quick buck and tell ya to f*ck off? ;D
October 26, 2003, 3:18 PM
Mitosis
DV bro, you know Im sticken with you lol. Just hope you arnt going to be too pricey.
October 26, 2003, 4:24 PM

Search