Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | ASP .NET Developers

AuthorMessageTime
CupHead
I'm looking for people who know web development with ASP .NET (C#, VB .NET, or JScript) for a rather large project undertaking. If you're interested in details, PM me, AIM me, whatever.
October 25, 2003, 2:29 AM
Myndfyr
Hey man - I've been trying to get ahold of you on Bnet and AIM, but to no avail. My AIM name is DarkTemplar, or you can email me at DarkTemplar@clan-AoA.org.

--Rob
November 7, 2003, 9:58 PM
peofeoknight
I use asp.net but I currently have my hands full. I am working on a new site right now. I use vb mostly but use c# too in moderation.
November 19, 2003, 11:50 PM
Grok
[quote author=peofeoknight link=board=22;threadid=3237;start=0#msg30207 date=1069285808]
I use asp.net but I currently have my hands full. I am working on a new site right now. I use vb mostly but use c# too in moderation.
[/quote]

Can I ask why you use VB.NET more than C#.NET? Just curious, not judging. What was it about VB.NET that led you to decide on doing most of your development in it?
November 20, 2003, 1:06 AM
peofeoknight
2 years of vb experiece prior to starting. I am learning java and yes java and c# have a similar syntax but there are still huge differences, plus I am not all that comfortable with java at this point anyway.
BTW: microsoft will be discontinueing c# within the next two years from what I hear anyway. You will still be able to use it with the current version of asp.net but no version after that or something. Apparently c# was just a marketing tool to attract people who were using c++ and java to this technology rather then them just picking up php or jsp. But thats just what I have heard so that might not be all that reliable.
November 20, 2003, 4:10 AM
Grok
I find it extremely unlikely that Microsoft is discontinuing C# in any of their future plans. Steve Ballmer said Microsoft was "betting the company" on .NET, and C# is .NET's premier language.
November 20, 2003, 4:18 AM
peofeoknight
well thats just what I heard from my friend sujay who works for the wmh project. But then again he is not a reliable source either sometimes :P . I do not know the exact numbers but I would think that vb would be larger, It seems logincal. I mean if all of the asp classic people use vbscript wouldnt it make sence that they would use vb? There has not been any massive move from asp to asp.net yet though. It seems like most asp users are content with asp classic right now...
November 20, 2003, 4:21 AM
peofeoknight
The last time I posted on these forums, I mean that wasnt today was several months ago and it seemed like all everyone talked about was php. But now I am seeing 3 threads about asp.net so thats kind of nice. I might have to come here more often. I might be able to help others and vice versa. I generally post on forums.webdeveloper.com
November 20, 2003, 4:24 AM

Search