Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Etheran (Question about Fatal Error)

AuthorMessageTime
haZe
What kind of programming test do you have to take?
What language?
What are the questions based on?
I'm not very good at VB but I wanted to join Fatal-Error to learn more. Is this possible?

thx etheran

-haZe

no1 delete this post, it IS about programming! -.-
January 3, 2003, 9:18 PM
UserLoser
It most likely would be on what language you know, and pretty much anything is possible :-/
January 3, 2003, 10:26 PM
haZe
Etheran plz reply to this post i know u see it =[
January 3, 2003, 10:29 PM
Etheran
Let me prepare a test, give me a day.  Don't worry about language, this test will not be language specific; however, I will have to ask you to write a sample program.
January 3, 2003, 10:42 PM
haZe
Ok. Like I said, I'm not very good at VB...I want to join Fatal-Error to learn more.

thx so much!
-haze the cow, formerly known as haze
lol.
January 3, 2003, 10:56 PM
Etheran
It's not a learning clan, it's a programming clan.
January 3, 2003, 11:16 PM
Zakath
Incidentally, any member normally can administrate the test. If you'd like, send me a PM explaining your programming expertise and whatnot - I can broach it a little more directly with the rest of the membership.

Keep in mind that Etheran's non-lang specific test will probably be easier than one I would give. 8)
January 3, 2003, 11:16 PM
haZe
=[ well, etheran, i guess still give me the test...wouldnt hurt 2 try =[
:'(
January 3, 2003, 11:17 PM
Etheran
I forgot to mention the days preperation consists of clan members opinions.  ;D
January 3, 2003, 11:27 PM
haZe
eek! well i been hangin in fatal-error ( {ba}~demon_@$$! and haze.the.cow ) and..well i REALLY wanna be in. bad. well i g2g 2 bed...g night etheran and...well plz consider letting me in...im not the smartest in vb/vc, but im not dumb  :) well gnight and p l z consider letting me in

*zzz*
January 3, 2003, 11:43 PM
Crypticflare
I've noticed with many programming clans. take the regiment Svart Alfar in Royalcouncil, their tests don't pretain to mainly one language, but to programming concepts, the questions can range from like Assembly questions to information about the RISC and CISC theorys, the best advice I could give is to look over the test, and look over the type of questions they think you need to be qualified to answer, and decide with yourself whether or not you'll be able to learn those, if it takes more time, then do it, the reward will be sweeter in the end.
January 4, 2003, 2:42 PM
warz
Or, you could make it a personal goal and try to learn a well rounded amount of .. everything; that way when you go into some test you don't have to worry if you'll know enough to get by, you'll know that you know enough to possibly contribute!
January 5, 2003, 2:32 PM
Crypticflare
[quote]Or, you could make it a personal goal and try to learn a well rounded amount of .. everything; that way when you go into some test you don't have to worry if you'll know enough to get by, you'll know that you know enough to possibly contribute![/quote]

As of Now That is exactly what I'm trying to do, it is much time consuming, but Once I get the concepts of some of these things, I will be better suited to answer questions in discussions. i.e.: This board
January 5, 2003, 5:15 PM
MrRaza
... ;Dlol...
January 5, 2003, 6:05 PM
RhiNo
[code]Posted by: Crypticflare Posted on: Jan 4th, 2003, 12:42pm
I've noticed with many programming clans. take the regiment Svart Alfar in Royalcouncil, their tests don't pretain to mainly one language, but to programming concepts, the questions can range from like Assembly questions to information about the RISC and CISC theorys, the best advice I could give is to look over the test, and look over the type of questions they think you need to be qualified to answer, and decide with yourself whether or not you'll be able to learn those, if it takes more time, then do it, the reward will be sweeter in the end.  
[/code]

did you come up with that or did a fortune cookie come up with that it sounde like a fortune cookie lol
January 12, 2003, 9:35 AM
Crypticflare
If that came up on a fortune cookie, that be one huge fortune cookie. mmmmm fortune cookies..
January 12, 2003, 11:39 AM

Search