Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Recent VB screwup on somthing

AuthorMessageTime
Crypticflare
Recently somthing happened, say I go to run a project by hitting F5, microsfot windows installer will pop up and say installing, I'll cancel out of it twice, then my app runs, whenever I add like RTB, Textboxes, or some simple line of code it does it, anyone have any ideas on what the hell happened?
January 13, 2003, 9:26 PM
haZe
No, but maybe you should let it install and you won't have that problem. Also, maybe VB didn't install fully/correctly?
January 13, 2003, 10:13 PM
Crypticflare
Alright, Lemme explain this clearer, its Microsoft Ofice 2000, and it just recently started doing this, I've had no troubles like this since last week, I posted a screenshot of it in action

http://crypticflare.phpwebhosting.com/artwork/argh.jpg
January 13, 2003, 10:42 PM
MesiaH
i have this with my office applications as well, my guess would be that something overrode the buffer while it was installing the first time, or incorrect registry values were created. best way to fix this is to just reinstall.
January 13, 2003, 11:47 PM
Grok
You both blindly installed without reading the options.  Office 2000 marks many options to be 'Installed on first use'.  Remove and reinstall Office 2000, this time changing everything to "Do Not Install" or "Install to hard disk".  Some things Office will not let you "not install" so go ahead and install to hard disk.
January 14, 2003, 5:50 AM
MesiaH
Office 2002 plz :P
January 14, 2003, 5:41 PM
Yoni
[quote]Office 2002 plz :P[/quote]
Why?
January 14, 2003, 6:01 PM
warz
Why not? OOOOOOO.
January 14, 2003, 6:14 PM
Yoni
Because Office 2000 can do everything I want it to do and more that I don't. It seems that Office 2002 doesn't change the "stuff I want it to do" list and enlarges the "stuff that I don't want it to do" list.

Also, I haven't tested this, but knowing Microsoft it is logical to assume Office 2002 will take more RAM and will be slower.

Oh, and my copy of Office 2000 is actually legal. :)
January 14, 2003, 6:20 PM
St0rm.iD
I have the exact same problem. It's EVIL EVIL MSI causing the problem. Head over to microsoft.com, get the MSI sdk. Search thru the registry for the program causing those popups. Find the program ID, goto the tools subfolder in the sdk, and msizap T [progid]
January 14, 2003, 6:43 PM

Search