Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Lol, Stumped again :P

AuthorMessageTime
Dyndrilliac
Ok, im adding a media player to my bot, and it works fine, accept when i add the form files for it and the module to the bot itself. Now, the problem i'm having is this:[code]Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim result As String
Dim temp As String * 40
Dim winDir As String

result = GetWindowsDirectory(temp, Len(temp))
winDir = Left$(temp, result)
result = WPSN("MCI", "MPEGVideo", "mciqtz.drv", winDir & "\" & "system.ini")
lblCaption.Caption = "[ No Media ]"
ffSpeed = 5
End Sub[/code]

[code]result = WPSN("MCI", "MPEGVideo", "mciqtz.drv", winDir & "\" & "system.ini")[/code] was originally [code]result = WritePrivateString("MCI", "MPEGVideo", "mciqtz.drv", winDir & "\" & "system.ini")[/code] but it kept erroring (and still does) with "Ambiguous Name Detected", so, I did the logical thing and changed the name and all other instances to a name I made sure was not in use. It still errors. Any help on what this means would be appreciated.

Edit: whoops forgot code tags
October 22, 2003, 8:17 PM
-MichaeL-
[quote author=Dyndrilliac link=board=31;threadid=3196;start=0#msg25035 date=1066853841]
Ok, im adding a media player to my bot, and it works fine, accept when i add the form files for it and the module to the bot itself. Now, the problem i'm having is this:[code]Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim result As String
Dim temp As String * 40
Dim winDir As String

result = GetWindowsDirectory(temp, Len(temp))
winDir = Left$(temp, result)
result = WPSN("MCI", "MPEGVideo", "mciqtz.drv", winDir & "\" & "system.ini")
lblCaption.Caption = "[ No Media ]"
ffSpeed = 5
End Sub[/code]

[code]result = WPSN("MCI", "MPEGVideo", "mciqtz.drv", winDir & "\" & "system.ini")[/code] was originally [code]result = WritePrivateString("MCI", "MPEGVideo", "mciqtz.drv", winDir & "\" & "system.ini")[/code] but it kept erroring (and still does) with "Ambiguous Name Detected", so, I did the logical thing and changed the name and all other instances to a name I made sure was not in use. It still errors. Any help on what this means would be appreciated.

Edit: whoops forgot code tags
[/quote]

If i am not mistaken [code]"Ambiguous Name Detected", [/code]
is when it is defined more then once and by u changing it to the other thing and not defineing it you will also get [code] "Ambiguous Name Detected", [/code]
November 2, 2003, 6:34 PM

Search