Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Anyone like I.Q. tests?

AuthorMessageTime
Tuberload
I just like to see what they say about me after I take the test.
I.Q. Test

127:Word Warrior
October 22, 2003, 8:12 AM
kamakazie
133:Visual Mathematician

[quote]
This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
[/quote]
October 22, 2003, 5:16 PM
mejal
136 ;)
October 22, 2003, 6:46 PM
DrivE

Lower than what I scored on the IQ test from my school. They scored me 151.
October 22, 2003, 8:29 PM
Grok
October 22, 2003, 8:33 PM
Probe
"Your IQ score is 126"
October 22, 2003, 8:34 PM
Tuberload
Well without the help of any substances I was able to up my score a bit.

[quote]Congratulations, Tuber!
Your IQ score is 133

your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.[/quote]
October 22, 2003, 8:50 PM
CupHead
Hah, 72. Grok, you're so dumb. :P
October 22, 2003, 8:59 PM
SNiFFeR
I got 115
October 22, 2003, 9:01 PM
iago
Your IQ score is 133

However, I have to say I disagree. Knowing, for example, a quote from Descartes should have no impact on my iq at all.. ("True knowledge exists in knowing that you know _____").

October 22, 2003, 9:29 PM
CupHead
Historically, IQ tests have been based on knowledge of culture rather than logical questions, so it does tend to have an impact on your IQ.
October 22, 2003, 9:30 PM
iago
It seems like whether or not you have read Confessions (or heard from somebody who read it) should have an impact of any kind on your Intelligence.
October 22, 2003, 9:50 PM
Grok
CupHead owns me.
October 22, 2003, 9:52 PM
Tuberload
[quote author=iago link=board=4;threadid=3192;start=0#msg25054 date=1066858146]
Your IQ score is 133

However, I have to say I disagree. Knowing, for example, a quote from Descartes should have no impact on my iq at all.. ("True knowledge exists in knowing that you know _____").

[/quote]

I think it has to do with knowing what the word should be. If you don't know the quote, but can come up with the answer, it has some effect on your I.Q.? Stating the obvious I guess.
October 22, 2003, 11:31 PM
CupHead
Or maybe, as I've already explained, IQ tests were originally based around questions of culture rather than aptitude?
October 22, 2003, 11:46 PM
Yoni
[quote]your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician[/quote]
I needed someone to tell me this?

[quote]Your IQ score is 135[/quote]
Yes, rand() works on my computer too.
October 22, 2003, 11:50 PM
Tuberload
[quote]Or maybe, as I've already explained, IQ tests were originally based around questions of culture rather than aptitude?[/quote]

Or, maybe... not.

[quote]After 1 million people took the Emode IQ test, we ran what is called a "factor analysis" on the answers those people gave. This statistical analysis identified the similarity between groups of questions in our test. The analysis demonstrated that this particular IQ test accurately measured four underlying dimensions of intelligence: mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical.

Each of the questions in the Emode IQ test relates to one dimension of intelligence. How reliable are these dimensions? Well, for the scientists and statisticians out there, their reliability coefficients were .85, .84, .81 and .50, respectively. The gist of all of that is that Emode's scales of intelligence are highly valid and we can accurately tell you how high you scored on each of those scales relative to the other test-takers—thus yielding an accurate intellectual type. [/quote]
October 22, 2003, 11:51 PM
Hitmen
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=4;threadid=3192;start=15#msg25096 date=1066866698]
[quote]Or maybe, as I've already explained, IQ tests were originally based around questions of culture rather than aptitude?[/quote]

Or, maybe... not.

[quote]After 1 million people took the Emode IQ test, we ran what is called a "factor analysis" on the answers those people gave. This statistical analysis identified the similarity between groups of questions in our test. The analysis demonstrated that this particular IQ test accurately measured four underlying dimensions of intelligence: mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical.

Each of the questions in the Emode IQ test relates to one dimension of intelligence. How reliable are these dimensions? Well, for the scientists and statisticians out there, their reliability coefficients were .85, .84, .81 and .50, respectively. The gist of all of that is that Emode's scales of intelligence are highly valid and we can accurately tell you how high you scored on each of those scales relative to the other test-takers—thus yielding an accurate intellectual type. [/quote]
[/quote]

I belive that is referred to as "bullshit".
October 23, 2003, 12:55 AM
Grok
I.Q. tests are designed to flatter the test creator, nothing more.

How often do stupid people create IQ tests?
October 23, 2003, 1:01 AM
Yoni
[quote author=Grok link=board=4;threadid=3192;start=15#msg25129 date=1066870915]
I.Q. tests are designed to flatter the test creator, nothing more.

How often do stupid people create IQ tests?
[/quote]Not entirely true. This one was partly designed to make money (see the ending).
October 23, 2003, 1:03 AM
Etheran
127 word warrior

[quote]
This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas.
[/quote]
ehh, whatever
October 23, 2003, 1:09 AM
iago
I think the original reason is bad; like I said, how is your Intelligence based on reading certain books?

And to Tubbs - Some of those you can't guess, like the Rose one.
October 23, 2003, 1:42 AM
Etheran
it's a matter of how you perceive it
October 23, 2003, 2:00 AM
Tuberload
[quote author=Etheran link=board=4;threadid=3192;start=15#msg25144 date=1066874419]
[/quote]
Thank you... I didnt say it had anything to do with guessing iaggs
October 23, 2003, 2:03 AM
iago
[quote author=Etheran link=board=4;threadid=3192;start=15#msg25144 date=1066874419]
[/quote]

From Dictionary.com:
I.Q. n : a measure of a person's intelligence as indicated by an intelligence test; the ratio of a person's mental age to their chronological age (multiplied by 100)

The right way to say that I'm wrong is to use that definition and say that mental is determined both by what you've learned AND what you've read.

However, my argument would be that you would have to have a lot more example, both from contemporary and historical authors, to accurately judge your experience.
October 23, 2003, 5:17 AM
Adron
I recognize that test, pretty sure it's been up for discussion in channel before. Either way, it's clearly not language-neutral, and as such it's not a good IQ test.
October 23, 2003, 10:17 AM

Search