Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Freshly Formatted PC help

AuthorMessageTime
Crypticflare
Recently I reformatted one of my older PC's with Windows XP PRO, its worked fine up to last nite, after it boots through Bios it goes to the Windows XP logo and the loading sequence, the logo looks all scratchy, so after it loads into my desktop my screen stays black and nothing happens, I was wondering if anyone had an idea what this might be. Thanks
October 16, 2003, 11:15 PM
iago
Try safe mode.

Perhaps there's a problem with the Hard Disk, try booting off a floppy and running chkdisk or scandisk or whatever it's called now.
October 16, 2003, 11:39 PM
Stealth
Sounds like a graphics card and/or driver problem to me.. try changing graphics cards or even monitors (in the interest of thoroughness) if you can -- borrow one from another computer or from a friend, no matter how crappy the card.
October 17, 2003, 12:06 AM
Thing
I'll bet he didn't oil his hard drive before the format. Tsk tsk.
October 17, 2003, 12:53 AM
Crypticflare
Not sure what happened, I did a system restore to tuesday night and everythings corrected, only thing thats been installed on it since the format has been AIM.. though you never know, it could be one of those secret AOL XP errors they send when you don't subscribe for their "l337" broadband.
October 17, 2003, 1:10 AM

Search