Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Richedit

AuthorMessageTime
Ickypoopy
I am having trouble locating good information on Richedit controls in C/C++.

I was wondering if someone could help me with making a STREAMIN function, and callback to go along with.  Very basic functions if possible.  Thanks :)
January 20, 2003, 2:08 AM
Ickypoopy
Im starting to think no one knows...
January 26, 2003, 11:31 PM
Grok
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcresed/html/vctbswhenitriedtousetheoriginalrichedit10controlwithmfcitwouldntwork.asp
January 27, 2003, 1:37 PM
Ickypoopy
I am not using MFC...

Infact, I dont even know what it is :(
January 27, 2003, 7:07 PM
Etheran
it's best not to know what mfc is :)
January 27, 2003, 10:07 PM
WolfSage
Lol. Amen Eth. But even so, MSDN is the way to go. Search MSDN RichEdit and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. (I'd do it for you, but I'm to lazy :/)
January 27, 2003, 11:00 PM
Ickypoopy
[quote]Lol. Amen Eth. But even so, MSDN is the way to go. Search MSDN RichEdit and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. (I'd do it for you, but I'm to lazy :/)[/quote]
Ive been trying to do this for more than two weeks...  Dont you think I checked there?  That was the first place I checked actually...  Thats where I got almost all of the info I currently have, but I still cannot put text into it.

The only way I have to put text into it is to use SetWindowText, but thats not what I am trying to do...
January 28, 2003, 12:13 AM
Laz
Look up EM_REPLACESEL
January 28, 2003, 9:10 AM
Ickypoopy
Thanx :D
January 28, 2003, 8:56 PM
n00blar
The EM_STREAMIN message replaces the contents of a rich edit control with a stream of data provided by an application defined–EditStreamCallback callback function
January 30, 2003, 8:32 AM

Search