Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Hard Drive problems

AuthorMessageTime
FOH-Master
Hi, I have a 40Gb Western Digital hard drive. When i try to start up my computer with this frive it trys to boot from a network and cant find the hard drive. I have an error/status code: 0116 when i run the diagnostic tool provided by the company. The cables are working as i can use a 1Gb hard drive. Any one have any ideas? Any help apreciated.
October 11, 2003, 9:31 AM
iago
It sounds like your harddrive is dead, I'm afraid.

All I can think of is trying this:
[quote author=Thing link=board=2;threadid=2368;start=#msg18564 date=1061158555]
Raven has a good point. Another thing you can do to help extend the life of your hard drive is some routine maintenance. Pop the cover off and you will find two oil points where the arms attach to the motor. A single drop of 3in1 oil will do the job. Don't put too much though or you may contaminate the platters. You will want to spray some WD-40 on the platters to keep the nice and shiny. It also keeps them from rusting in humid areas such as bathrooms, etc. Here is a photo of a typical hard drive.

[img]http://www.vpnsys.com/images/oilhere.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

But don't forget, Harddrives (especially only 40gb) are like dirt cheap now anyway, unless you're going to lose data I would recommend buying a new one.
October 11, 2003, 10:08 AM
FOH-Master
Thank you for the help. I guess ill have to buy a new one. I have retyped all my data and work on there so i would be best off just buying a new one.
October 11, 2003, 10:43 AM

Search