Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Stupid Lawsuit Day

AuthorMessageTime
Skywing
What will those corporate masterminds come up with next?

Maybe they'll try to impress their visitors with one of those cool sites that tries to make your browser window full-screen, since we all know that customers just love that.

Or maybe they'll sue keyboard manufacturers for including a "shift" key.

I think these two commentaries sum things up rather well.

In other news, parents take action against school district for using Wi-Fi in the classroom. Maybe nobody told them that the cordless phones they use in their own homes operate on the same frequency. I suppose they forgot all about the cellphones and pagers they use every day too.
October 10, 2003, 6:02 AM
Undeference
Not the same frequency at all. The concept is shared, yes, but radio and television stations and microwave ovens share the same concept as those.

If cordless phones shared the same frequenccies as WiFi networks, you would get all kinds of interference on your phone if you were using it anywhere near a WiFi network. Same with with cell phone. And if cell phones and wireless phones used the same frequencies, your interference would be other people talking (which occasionally happens, but not for the same reason).
October 10, 2003, 6:35 AM
Skywing
[quote author=Undeference link=board=4;threadid=3021;start=0#msg23636 date=1065767711]
Not the same frequency at all. The concept is shared, yes, but radio and television stations and microwave ovens share the same concept as those.

If cordless phones shared the same frequenccies as WiFi networks, you would get all kinds of interference on your phone if you were using it anywhere near a WiFi network. Same with with cell phone. And if cell phones and wireless phones used the same frequencies, your interference would be other people talking (which occasionally happens, but not for the same reason).
[/quote]
Actually, WiFi shares the 2.4GHz band with many cordless phones.
October 10, 2003, 6:38 AM
iago
Those articles are great.. I should read the news more often! :-)
October 10, 2003, 1:42 PM
Etheran
[quote author=iago link=board=4;threadid=3021;start=0#msg23651 date=1065793335]
Those articles are great.. I should read the news more often! :-)
[/quote]hehe, my thoughts exactly!

good post++++
October 10, 2003, 1:59 PM

Search