Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Format help

AuthorMessageTime
OuTLawZGoSu
Sup... Im using on Windows Xp pro. It fucked up and it wont start. i need to format it or remove the existing windows. can someone help me out?

I used a boot disk but it wont load. the same for the cd rom. it just tells me that windows did not start successfully and shows me a bonch of options.

safemode
safemode with networking
safemode with commadn prompt

last workin config
Normal

None of them work.
after the boot screen, the screen goes blank and doesent do anything.
September 30, 2003, 11:31 PM
Hitmen
"format c:"
September 30, 2003, 11:53 PM
OuTLawZGoSu
where do i type that?

The command prompt does nto start also.

"Safemode with Command Prompt"
September 30, 2003, 11:56 PM
Hitmen
Uhh, boot into the recovery console if you have your windows CD.
October 1, 2003, 12:18 AM
iago
Check your BIOS for the boot order, make sure CD-Rom and Floppy are listed before IDE-0.
October 1, 2003, 12:29 AM
OuTLawZGoSu
Ok, i started it with teh cd and it showd a menu. if i want to make a new partition or recover the old one. i picked the old one and selected C:WINDOWS. ( the only choice) then it asked me for the Asdministrative password. i dont no it . how can i find it out?
October 1, 2003, 2:41 AM
iago
It was set when you installed windows.

You *might* be able to change it link this:
Control Panel
Administrative tools
Computer Management
Users&Groups
Users
Right-click on Administrator
Click on Set-password
Give it a password
Select "yes" to the warning

I'm not sure if it'll let you do this, but it's worth a try! :)
October 1, 2003, 3:03 AM
Hitmen
He'll have a hard time changing the administrative password if
[quote]
It fucked up and it wont start
[/quote]
(He's reffering to windows :P)

If you didn't have an administrative password try not putting one at all, try using your password etc.
October 1, 2003, 3:06 AM
iago
Haha good point, reminds me of a family guy quote:
"Do you even listen to yourself?"
"I drift in and out"
October 1, 2003, 5:08 AM
Arta
lmao, i love that one :)
October 1, 2003, 2:18 PM
K
if you have a win2k cd, you can boot up the XP recovery console without supplying the adminstrative password.
October 1, 2003, 6:36 PM
DarkVirus
www.bootdisk.com

Download the WinXP boot set (6 disks) and create the boot disks. Boot into bios as stated before and make sure the boot order is your Floppy, CD-Rom drive (or vice versa) and then your Master HD. Make sure the first boot disk is in before starting and boot up. The disk will get picked up and bring you to the normal setup screen. It will load a series of tools and files and will keep prompting you to insert the next disk until you get to the point where you can delete the partition, create a new one and format it using an NTFS system. You should know what to do from there. If not then come back for more briefing :) Don't even fuck with the recovery console. Go straight to the disks and boot it that way. If that works come back and tell us what happens.
October 2, 2003, 1:52 AM

Search