Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Microphone

AuthorMessageTime
Kev1n
Hey, I got a ProView 17inch monitor, and it has a build in microphone top middle. I was wondering how to get it to work. Any ideas? I went into "Advanced Volume Control"
and set mic bar to high. I was trying to set it up for counter-strike so I can chat with people. It would mean alot.

Thanks,
Kevin.
September 29, 2003, 11:53 PM
Kev1n
Ya, I am not sure if there is a place to make it work, or if you need to download some drivers, or whatever.
October 4, 2003, 11:01 PM
Eibro
In less than 30 seconds, i've watched this topic gain 500+ views.
October 4, 2003, 11:06 PM
Kev1n
Wow, how is that possible.
Anyhow, please stay on topic if you can. :( I am really trying to get this to work so I can talk with my friends on CS. It will be greatly appreciated.
October 4, 2003, 11:24 PM
Yoni
Microphones do not require drivers. The sound card does - make sure it's installed correctly.

There should be a cord connecting your monitor to the microphone-in port on your sound card.

After you connect this, go into sndvol32.exe and go to Options, Properties, Recording, OK, and make sure the "Select" checkbox that is checked is the one under the "Mic" column.
October 5, 2003, 12:08 AM
St0rm.iD
Make sure it's plugged in, too. You might have it in the wrong port.
October 5, 2003, 12:11 AM
Kev1n
[quote]There should be a cord connecting your monitor to the microphone-in port on your sound card.[/quote]
The monitor has 2 cords plugged in. One to the pluggin on the wall. One in the back of the computer.

Then there is one spot (on the back of the monitor) that says: Mic out and it is a small hole that would fit something like headphones.

[quote]Make sure it's plugged in, too. You might have it in the wrong port. [/quote]

-Plugged in where?
-A port? Which port, and where?

Yoni, I set up sndvol32.exe already. Here is a screen shot:
http://www.angelfire.com/ex2/mic/

but from there on I dunno what to do.
October 5, 2003, 12:27 AM
iago
You need to run a cord from that port on the back of the monitor to the microphone port on the back of your computer.
October 5, 2003, 1:18 AM
Yoni
[quote author=Kev1n link=board=2;threadid=2887;start=0#msg23013 date=1065313628]
-Plugged in where?
-A port? Which port, and where?
[/quote]

You don't have to set anything else in the software, all you have missing is that cord.

On the back of the computer, you should see a sound card, with 4 ports:
Joystick in (a big port with a bunch of pins), wave out, mic in, line in (all the same size, small hole ports).

(Note that these might be onboard rather than on the soundcard, but they should all be there.)

In modern computers/sound cards, these are color-coded according to this coloring standard:
The joystick port is orange, the wave out is green, the mic in is blue, and the line in is pink.

Connect the mic out port (on the monitor) to the mic in port (middle/blue port on the computer) using a microphone cord which you should have received with your monitor, or otherwise can buy for very cheap in Radio Shack or equivalent.
October 5, 2003, 1:02 PM
Adron
Seems like a waste of time to talk to the guy after he's banned?

October 5, 2003, 2:39 PM
iago
Adron's right.. I'm locking it so nobody else wastes their time :)
October 5, 2003, 9:55 PM

Search