Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | The difference between WC2 and D2 keys

AuthorMessageTime
Eternal
I wonder, can anyone tell me if there is a difference between WC2 and D2 keys? I need to be able to read a cdkey and distinguish which one it is (without connecting to test). They both seem to have the same number of characters and mix of numbers vs letters and I can't spot any 'patterns'.

September 19, 2003, 6:32 AM
kamakazie
When you decode the cdkey, the program ids will be different for Warcraft II BNE/Diablo II/Diablo II LoD cdkeys. They are 4/6/10 respectively.
September 19, 2003, 6:48 AM
Eternal
OK, so is there no way of identifying it without decoding it?
September 19, 2003, 12:39 PM
Adron
[quote author=Eternal link=board=17;threadid=2754;start=0#msg21697 date=1063975198]
OK, so is there no way of identifying it without decoding it?
[/quote]

Most probably not. Maybe you could find a pattern in the letters without decoding it. Obviously there is one since you can decode it and have a number fall out that gives you the answer. You'd be seriously wasting your time though since you could just decode it and have the answer.
September 19, 2003, 12:54 PM
Eternal
OK, thanks - you have answered my question. I'll modify my thinking to use the decoding already there. 8)

[EDIT] stupid typo.
September 19, 2003, 1:24 PM

Search