Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Friends list

AuthorMessageTime
Camel
Would anybody advise against supporting the friends list packets for non-war3 clients? They appear to function, but it seems like a fairly easy way for bnet to detect a bot...
September 15, 2003, 10:29 PM
hismajesty
Has bnet written anything to automatically detect a bot and block it's ip from connection forcing closure or something along those lines? I don't beleive so..since bnet is more worried about ladder abuse/hacking than bots. And I doub't they monitor every connection anyway...it probably wouldn't raise much of an alarm.
September 16, 2003, 12:00 AM
iago
[quote author=hismajesty link=board=17;threadid=2717;start=0#msg21369 date=1063670453]
Has bnet written anything to automatically detect a bot and block it's ip from connection forcing closure or something along those lines? I don't beleive so..since bnet is more worried about ladder abuse/hacking than bots. And I doub't they monitor every connection anyway...it probably wouldn't raise much of an alarm.
[/quote]

Often, if you do something stupid, you get ip-banned. They will, perhaps, eventually notice this and make it an ip-ban.
September 16, 2003, 12:21 AM
Camel
Hrm, perhaps I should go ahead and add it, but make an option to disable it?
September 16, 2003, 2:14 AM
iago
That's what I would do :)
September 16, 2003, 2:17 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=2717;start=0#msg21380 date=1063678496]
Hrm, perhaps I should go ahead and add it, but make an option to disable it?
[/quote]

I doub't blizzard will even notice it as of now, in the future they'll probably become bitchier and make it an ip-ban but for now...I'd go for it. :)
September 16, 2003, 2:31 AM
Camel
Solution: send 0x65 and 0x7D upon recieving 0x75. Also allow double-clicking the clan/friends tab to refresh either (except clan list when non-war3). This means that the friends list will not load automaticly while on a non-war3 product, but the user will still be able to request the list manually.
September 16, 2003, 5:26 AM

Search