Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Very surprisingly readable piece of text

AuthorMessageTime
Yoni
A friend sent me this on ICQ. I don't like spelling mistakes as they make the text more annoying to read. But I was surprised at how readable this was:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
September 14, 2003, 9:08 PM
Camel
WOW! Now if only AOLers could get that down...
September 14, 2003, 9:58 PM
iago
Reading that is a *little* slower than reading normal text, but it's pretty close!
September 14, 2003, 11:10 PM
hismajesty
yes, although a bit slower...I was suprised at how simple that was.
September 14, 2003, 11:27 PM
Etheran
aamizng, I msut say.
September 14, 2003, 11:43 PM
CrAz3D
oh sanp, taht was smoe carzy suftf ginog on tehre.
September 26, 2003, 11:08 PM
MesiaH
yeah using AOL Instant Messenger teaches you to read stuff like that better than reading normal text, you get so used to reading mistakes, that it actually takes you longer to read something in proper English...
September 27, 2003, 11:06 PM
Soul Taker
Found on Slashdot:
[quote]Follow-up: Can You Raed Tihs? meal worms writes "A Slashdot article appearing last Monday, which reported on the claim that scrambled words are legible as long as first and last letters are in place, was circulated to the University of British Columbia's Linguistics department. An interesting counter-example resulted:

"Anidroccg to crad cniyrrag lcitsiugnis planoissefors at an uemannd, utisreviny in Bsitirh Cibmuloa, and crartnoy to the duoibus cmials of the ueticnd rcraeseh, a slpmie, macinahcel ioisrevnn of ianretnl cretcarahs araepps sneiciffut to csufnoe the eadyrevy oekoolnr."
As demonstrated, a simple inversion of the internal characters results in a text which is relatively hard to decipher."[/quote]
September 28, 2003, 4:10 PM
UserLoser
I read it all with only a few times I had to stop and try and figure out what it said
September 28, 2003, 4:54 PM

Search