Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | This Saturday

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
NCSU @ OSU, Columbus:
Great expectations for this game built up in the summer, and now it's here. Unfortunately the Wolfpack got blown out 38-24 (it wasn't that close) against an impressive Wake Forest team, and OSU barely survived San Jose State, 16-13. Still, I am picking NCSU in this game. My justification is in the last 3 years, NCSU has shown they play huge in big games.

South Carolina @ University of Georgia, Athens:
No one expected USC to be 2-0 at this point, but UGA is right where they are targeted. Georgia blasted Clemson (30-0), while the Gamecocks wiped out an overrated and/or undermanned Virginia (missing their starting QB) by 31-7. USC seems to have Georgia's number, and this year shouldn't be any different. But I can't pick them, so will take Georgia by a field goal.

Georgia Tech @ THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY SEMINOLES, Tallahassee:
The Ramblin' Wreck just surprised and whipped an already demoralized Auburn Tiger team that was picked by The Sporting News as their #1 team to start the season. Proof that preseason polls mean diddly, and that TSN knows diddly.
Florida State's DEFENSE hasn't given up a touchdown, and only one field goal, in two games against one sucky team (UNC) and one top 15 team (Maryland). The defense is back and the offense is playing at more than 50% perfection as well. They're mixing up the plays well, sharing the ball with everyone, running backs, receivers, ends, and Rix is free to run without getting yelled at too.
Georgia Tech hasn't beaten FSU since we joined the ACC, so 11-0 should become 12-0 by midnight Saturday. FSU by 22 points in a wild game.
September 9, 2003, 10:35 PM

Search