Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | IX86ExtraWork

AuthorMessageTime
Camel
I know 0x4A and 0x4B have been discussed before, and I am clear on how to handle and send them, but does anybody have some info on declaring and calling ExtraWork? I've not seen anybody do it, and I am unclear as to how it should be done. I'm trying to ultimately do it in VB, but I'm willing to start with C and port later if it requires any grunt work. Any help would be appreciated.
September 9, 2003, 1:10 AM
UserLoser
Have you seen this? Maybe you could take a look at that, and try to find out how that is done, I dunno..
September 9, 2003, 1:44 AM
Soul Taker
As of two minutes before posting this, I started recieving 0x4A on my bot while connecting as War3. I have known about the packet for quite some time, but never added handling for it since it was never before sent to my bot. Does this possibly signal some other server changes?
September 9, 2003, 3:46 AM
Camel
Yes UserLoser, I've seen it. I tried disassembling it with IDA but it still is not inherently obvious how, or even where, the function is called.

[edit] If someone would like to explain that, it would be helpful. :)
September 9, 2003, 6:19 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=Camel link=board=5;threadid=2634;start=0#msg20689 date=1063088379]
Yes UserLoser, I've seen it. I tried disassembling it with IDA but it still is not inherently obvious how, or even where, the function is called.

[/quote]

I believe it's encrypted. If you look at Bnclient.dll of Diablo II, it's rather easy to figure out how to call the DLL.
September 9, 2003, 9:40 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=kamakazie link=board=5;threadid=2634;start=0#msg20697 date=1063100436]
[quote author=Camel link=board=5;threadid=2634;start=0#msg20689 date=1063088379]

[/quote]

I believe it's encrypted. If you look at Bnclient.dll of Diablo II, it's rather easy to figure out how to call the DLL.
[/quote]

Hmm, you guys sound like you know what you're talking about, I think you should host a reverse engineering class!
September 9, 2003, 8:31 PM

Search