March 4, 2003, 9:59 PM
Eibro
[quote]Forgot:
Python
Lisp/Variants
Delphi
Assembler[/quote]
Plus about a billion others
Notice the "other" option near the end of the poll.
March 5, 2003, 12:28 AM
Etheran
My favorite programming language would have to be other.  Very powerful language it is indeed.  ;D
March 5, 2003, 1:15 AM
pileofcrap
php and cgi and javascript arent really programming languages. They are web languages.
March 5, 2003, 3:32 AM
iago
Oops, missed assembly.  It's added now :)
March 5, 2003, 11:35 AM
iago
[quote]php and cgi and javascript arent really programming languages. They are web languages.[/quote]

It doesn't matter.  I never actually SAID cgi, but I've argued before that if php and perl don't count as real languages, neither does vb.
March 5, 2003, 2:21 PM
Arta
You should put Delphi and other variants of Pascal up there.
March 5, 2003, 5:27 PM
dRAgoN
[quote]php and cgi and javascript arent really programming languages. They are web languages.[/quote]

That explains why my irc client is written in php 8\
March 5, 2003, 6:11 PM
Grok
[quote]

It doesn't matter.  I never actually SAID cgi, but I've argued before that if php and perl don't count as real languages, neither does vb.[/quote]

You'd be wrong.
March 5, 2003, 6:34 PM
iago
Well, it's interpreted..

It doesn't matter, though! :P
March 5, 2003, 8:21 PM
St0rm.iD
I consider scripting languages as languages without your average data structures already implemented, which means VB is a scripting language.
March 5, 2003, 10:27 PM
iago
Well, javascript has data structures, so your definition must be wrong! :P
March 5, 2003, 10:46 PM
St0rm.iD
Hashtable? B-tree?
March 5, 2003, 10:55 PM
Eibro
Okay so Assembler isn't a programming language?
You can get into a huge debate, arguing whether languages are 'scripting', 'programming', 'interpreted' etc. But it's just stupid semantics.
March 6, 2003, 1:10 AM
iago
It's like saying that Chinese isn't a language because it uses different letters and grammar constructs.  In the end, they are all languages, just with different properties and whatnot.

And yes, you can you B-Trees and stuff like that in assembly, it's just a lot more difficult.  You can also use them in VB, I'm sure, it would just be difficult :P
March 6, 2003, 11:46 AM

Search