Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Fun with hardware replacement

AuthorMessageTime
Zakath
[img]http://www.thedragonmaster.net/fatal-error/zakath/IM000645.jpg[/img]

Here we are making sure my roommate's computer works after replacing his power supply. :)
September 8, 2003, 10:10 PM
iago
I don't see the humour, although I had a friend who used to have a computer without much of a case, so it pretty much looked like that anyway :)
September 8, 2003, 10:18 PM
Yoni
Bah, not as many wires as there should be.

I once had an eviler situation - connecting a HD of one computer to another computer. I was only going to copy whatever data to the host computer before reformatting the HD in question, and preferred to not transfer it over the LAN for reasons I can't now recall.

So instead of removing the HD (which would mean unscrewing some screws, etc.) I just opened both computers and connected the power and IDE cable from the host computer to the HD in the second computer. I wish I had a camera, it looked like a 21st century heart transplant :)
September 8, 2003, 11:14 PM
iago
Why cross the power over? Should just use comp1's power and comp2's IDE cable, then turn them both on :)
September 9, 2003, 1:38 AM
Soul Taker
Everyone should have thumbscrews for their computer so they don't need to use a screwdriver to unscrew things!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cables/5b70/
September 9, 2003, 8:34 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=iago link=board=4;threadid=2628;start=0#msg20667 date=1063071505]
Why cross the power over? Should just use comp1's power and comp2's IDE cable, then turn them both on :)
[/quote]

I'd guess that the second computer doesn't have power for whatever reason...
September 9, 2003, 11:07 AM
iago
All you need to do is plug it in and turn it on, nothing would actually have to be working. Unless the powersupply is shot :-/
September 9, 2003, 1:12 PM
Adron
Is that funny?
September 9, 2003, 4:14 PM
Yoni
Don't remember... Didn't have enough free power outlets to plug in the second computer, I think.
September 9, 2003, 8:34 PM

Search