Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Making users invisible...

AuthorMessageTime
iago
On windows xp, and I'm not sure about other windows OS's, the welcome screen has a list of some of the users of the computer. Other users, like, for instance, iusr_blah, administrator, and guest don't show up. Does anybody know how to set a user to not be displayed?

My other option is to disable the welcome screen (since all my iis-only accounts are displayed there, which is annoying), but I get the feeling that that would confuse my family (uuh.. what's my name?).

I was looking through the Computer Management settings, under users, and the users I want to make invisible has the exact same settings as iusr_blah and guest.
September 7, 2003, 9:25 PM
Adron
Administrator is specifically hidden. Are the other accounts enabled? Disabled accounts aren't shown...
September 8, 2003, 3:30 AM
Camel
I'm not sure exactly what controls whether or not an account is displayed, but I know Tweak UI can modify it. Additionally, you can press alt+ctrl+del twice at the welcome screen to get the terminal login screen (you must log out all users first; 'switch users' will not suffice).
September 10, 2003, 2:13 AM

Search