Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Standby Mode

AuthorMessageTime
haZe
When you put a bot into standby, does it disconnect as soon as you put it in standby? Mine always is offline when i hit a key, and I was wondering if there is a way to prevent this. thx.
March 4, 2003, 5:21 AM
Skywing
Network connections are typically lost when using standby, yes.  Solution: Don't use standby.
March 4, 2003, 9:11 AM
haZe
Is there any way to disable the connections from being lost?
March 4, 2003, 3:59 PM
Yoni
Yes. Disable standby from being engaged.
March 4, 2003, 5:15 PM
haZe
[quote]Is there any way to disable the connections from being lost?[/quote]

and have standby on @ same time!!
March 4, 2003, 5:18 PM
Yoni
Have standby on what?
March 4, 2003, 5:25 PM
MesiaH
lol what they mean is all connections are lost during standby, and thats just how it is, so if u want to keep things running, never ever ever use it. If you have win2k or higher, you can use Hibernate, which pretty much shuts most of the power down on your computer, but keeps everything running exactly how you left it, so all you would have to do is hit the power button to turn it back on.
March 4, 2003, 5:35 PM
Yoni
I just use "Lock Computer" and turn off the monitor manually.
March 4, 2003, 5:44 PM
iago
I use windows xp's "Switch User" and press the power button on the monitor.
March 4, 2003, 7:15 PM
haZe
i tried hibernate, it makes my bots disconnect also.
March 4, 2003, 8:45 PM
Spht
[quote]i tried hibernate, it makes my bots disconnect also.[/quote]

Yes, because your bot was hibernating and never realized it was supposed to send SID_PING!

I just turn off my monitor when I leave computer. But when I go AFK, there's no point in me being online, so this problem doesn't apply to me!

Solution: Don't do anything with computer when you go AFK (or at the most, turn off monitor). Or, more logically, go offline when you go AFK and connection problem is solved.
March 4, 2003, 9:29 PM
Ickypoopy
[quote]lol what they mean is all connections are lost during standby, and thats just how it is, so if u want to keep things running, never ever ever use it. If you have win2k or higher, you can use Hibernate, which pretty much shuts most of the power down on your computer, but keeps everything running exactly how you left it, so all you would have to do is hit the power button to turn it back on.[/quote]
Hibernate shuts off all power to your computer ;)
It just saves your computer exactly as is, and shuts off :P
March 10, 2003, 9:30 PM

Search