Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | Question PHP Related

AuthorMessageTime
Crypticflare
Right now since my money is tight because of some automobile problems I was wondering if anyone had an EBook for introduction to PHP or something along those lines, I have gone through references on the web but it seems I'm more of a book reader when it comes to learning these languages. I appreciate your time. Thanks
September 6, 2003, 3:25 AM
St0rm.iD
If you've programmed before, PHP isn't really all that hard. Hell, contact me on AIM (AngryHickClown) and I'll get you started. In the meantime...

www.phpbuilder.com to get the basics down,
ww.php.net/apifunction to look up an api call.
September 6, 2003, 3:44 AM
Crypticflare
Good Deal, I've been reading the "from the ground up" tutorials which mostly just discussed installing PHP, and checking if your server supports mySQL. I think it lead me up to PHP Arrays, which to put it are more easier then I could ever think of. Right now I found a more in depth tutorial and I'm reading about the settype() and gettype() calls right now. I will message you when I got the time, thanks a lot storm.

September 6, 2003, 3:14 PM
Camel
Once you get the syntax down, the hardest part is finding the names of the functions, which is still extremely easy due to the uber-docs.
September 6, 2003, 10:03 PM
St0rm.iD
I still don't recommend PHP for large projects.
September 7, 2003, 1:24 AM
Camel
Such as, say, a certain clan's forum?
September 7, 2003, 7:19 AM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Camel link=board=22;threadid=2598;start=0#msg20451 date=1062919170]
Such as, say, a certain clan's forum?
[/quote]

This isn't a large project? I'm talking about a database backed e-commerce site with users in China, Europe, and the US, with a fully automated inquiry system and part number database.
September 7, 2003, 5:27 PM

Search