Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | vB Bot

AuthorMessageTime
JeDi
Ok just a simple question, im taking Basic Programming in school, and i was wonder what i have to do to connect to BNLS through vB. Must i code it in? Thanks :-*
September 3, 2003, 2:18 PM
DarkMinion
[quote]Must i code it in?[/quote]

That's the general idea.
September 3, 2003, 2:37 PM
JeDi
Im sorry, im such a dumbass newb. I posted without even looking at the other threads. I say the BNLS request stuff. Im sorry, but i have another question. What do i need to get started on making a bot. I got vB 6.0. But i was wonder if there was some dl's that have source code writen in them already? so i just have to edit some crap? Or is there a basic GUI dl for a bot so i could work off that? Just some newbie question here. Thanks
September 3, 2003, 2:38 PM
iago
First of all, if you're going to abbreviate Visual Basic, at least capitalize both letters.. VB.

Second, consider it a programming challenge; all real programmers like a good challenge. :P
September 3, 2003, 3:08 PM
JeDi
Well, im pretty lazy and just wondering if anyone had a set up i could use ;)
September 3, 2003, 3:20 PM
Hitmen
*gasp* code leeching is WRONG!
September 3, 2003, 4:07 PM
iago
[quote author=JeDi link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=0#msg19939 date=1062602441]
[/quote]

Don't be lazy.. work hard to figure it out and do it yourself, and you'll feel all the much better for it! You'll have something of your OWN that you CREATED!!
September 3, 2003, 5:35 PM
______
[/quote]

That wont get you far at all. You wouldnt understand the code anyways. Learn Visual Basic first before making a bot.
September 3, 2003, 8:02 PM
j0k3r
There is the beginning of a tutorial somewhere near the bottom of the forums... but I doubt you'll be able to do anything with basic programming.
September 3, 2003, 8:16 PM
Grok
If your replies are not going to be about programming, and you're not a moderator, don't post. This forum has enough moderators.
September 3, 2003, 8:43 PM
DrivE
[/quote]

This is a joke right? For the love of God I hope so...

If you'd like to learn you could always start here.
September 3, 2003, 8:46 PM
JeDi
Well thanks Hazard. At least someone helped me from this forum. I guess they dont like newbie programmers here. Oh, and Hazard i like that pic of the girl ;)
September 3, 2003, 11:46 PM
Kp
[quote author=JeDi link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=0#msg20029 date=1062632782]
At least someone helped me from this forum. I guess they dont like newbie programmers here[/quote]Newbies are not a problem - lazy people are. Your initial request sounded very lazy, thus you received a harsh welcome.
September 4, 2003, 1:10 AM
Camel
[quote author=Hitmen link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=0#msg19946 date=1062605230]
[/quote]

There are people who are paid six-figure salaries to plagiarize code.
September 4, 2003, 1:42 AM
j0k3r
I believe in asking questions to get my answer, and *possibly doing some research... Telling other people to do your crap is just not cool.

[quote author=Camel link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=0#msg20039 date=1062639766]
[quote author=Hitmen link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=0#msg19946 date=1062605230]
[/quote]

There are people who are paid six-figure salaries to plagiarize code.
[/quote]

The hell they are... (where can I go to school for this? ;D) Sounds like Microsoft.
September 4, 2003, 2:34 AM
Camel
I'm sure Microsoft stole the entire source code for Windows, as well as the rest of their products, j0k3r. ::)
September 4, 2003, 8:48 AM
j0k3r
I know they practically stole DOS(I think it was DOS) from a bunch of college students... But what's the point in having programmers if you just steal everything?

On a side note: That would explain why windows are so full of bugs, they didn't bother testing the software compatibility... But it still doens't seem right.
September 4, 2003, 11:12 AM
JeDi
Sheeze guys, all i want was like something to like look off of. Kinda like a teacher. But thats cool though, hazard helped me out pretty well. Oh and where can i find a copy of VB for cheap. I have it at school but, thats all
September 4, 2003, 12:43 PM
iago
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=15#msg20130 date=1062673939]
I know they practically stole DOS(I think it was DOS) from a bunch of college students... But what's the point in having programmers if you just steal everything?

On a side note: That would explain why windows are so full of bugs, they didn't bother testing the software compatibility... But it still doens't seem right.
[/quote]

They actually bought it from a small company.

To quote a dilbert cartoon:
[pointy haired manager]: to save money, we bought a used report from another company! It says we should sell something called "dos" to something called "microsoft". I have a good feeling about this!
September 4, 2003, 1:58 PM
Grok
Except that Microsoft was in those days, Micro Soft.
September 4, 2003, 3:26 PM
Arki
[quote]But what's the point in having programmers if you just steal everything?[/quote]

If there was no programmers, What is there to steal?
September 6, 2003, 12:18 AM
Camel
[quote author=Arki link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=15#msg20274 date=1062807498]If there was no programmers, What is there to steal?[/quote]*cough* verb tense.
September 6, 2003, 1:15 AM
Grok
[quote author=Camel link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=15#msg20281 date=1062810914]
[quote author=Arki link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=15#msg20274 date=1062807498]If there was no programmers, What is there to steal?[/quote]*cough* verb tense.
[/quote]

You're not the grammar police. Stop wasting our time with all your empty useless replies.
September 6, 2003, 1:58 AM
Hitmen
I don't see how it was useless. It fully anwsers Arki's question.
September 6, 2003, 3:05 AM
St0rm.iD

September 6, 2003, 3:39 AM
Zeller
Microsoft plagerized apple and apple plagerized zerox and ect. Anyway if you cant program VB then your bot wont be able to do much except for connect to bnet. Get a book on vb (I recomend a step by step book by the microsoft press), read it and then the only thing that will stop you from making the best bot ever is your own imagination and the ammount of effort you want to put in to it. Im going to sleep. Good night
September 6, 2003, 5:19 AM
Hitmen
I belive apple bought from xerox.
And it would probably be closer to theft than plagerism.
September 6, 2003, 5:36 AM
DarkVirus
If your going to learn VB at all then I wouldn't recommend any Step by Step books by microsoft untill you have a little experience behind you. My vb.net microsoft book is crap. I understand all of it but for a beginner it would seem intimidating. I do recommend my favorite programming author though, www.johnsmiley.com that's his website and he sells various language books and I've read his vb 6.0 series and it was wonderful and down to earth for the real beginners. I bought his objects, databases and examples book just for fun and cause I needed reference code, but his Learn to Program with Visual Basic 6.0 is a great book.

In reply to just wanting to learn to make a bot, I can't begin to tell everyone how many people come into the vL chan or ask on the forums or message us on chat clients to how to create a bot! This is the last time and I think I speak for everyone, learn a fucking language before you start asking how to connect to BNLS or how to re-create the already stolen code you need to add connectivity to. I'm sick of people IMing me asking these stupid questions and when I respond with "Did you learn anything or buy a book etc..." and they reply with "well no..." or some other various excuse, that's when someone should be labled as a true newbie.

Newbies to programming have all the right to come to the forums and ask our help or other people's help but don't ask anything "advanced" if you don't even have a background in the language yet or can't even define various vocab words such as "class" or "event". :-\
September 6, 2003, 12:51 PM
Zeller
Notice I recomended that series for vb 6. I have it also for vb.net to and it is crap. The reason I recomended it (well actualy I was going to edit it but then I fell asleep) was it teaches all the basics but then it goes into teaching about almost every control you can think of in detail for vb 6. I figured that could be very usefull for making somthing like a bot. I didnt have any problem understanding it and it was my first book.

I wouldnt recomend using stolen or even open source code. I orignaly took the winsock and login sequance out of one of the first open source "binary" bots and it was god awfully coded. The author put the program in a loop when ever it recieved the start of a packet and it would constently crash the program. After 4 hours of debugging I fixed the error but also realized I could have just programmed this myself is in half the time. Moral of the story: shit happens
September 6, 2003, 6:27 PM
DarkVirus
I know you recommended that series for vb6 but I was commenting on microsoft's books in general based on the vb.net book I own. 8)
September 6, 2003, 8:25 PM
JeDi
I do know VB. I just barely know it. Im taking Basic Programming in school and i just wanted to know. It was just a simple question. Well whatever. Thanks to the people that helped me and Fuck you's to the people who flamed me. :)
September 8, 2003, 1:48 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=JeDi link=board=5;threadid=2559;start=30#msg20605 date=1063028882]
I do know VB. I just barely know it. Im taking Basic Programming in school and i just wanted to know. It was just a simple question. Well whatever. Thanks to the people that helped me and Fuck you's to the people who flamed me. :)
[/quote]

I really didn't see any flaming just semi-harsh things, that were not harse just harsh to you because it's not what you wanted to hear. They were all trying to help you, and you (I'm assuming) wanted somone to sit here and tell you step by step how to make a bot. What would be the point in that? It wouldn't be your bot if you didn't code it. As has been said many times on these forums "Learn to walk before you run" I recommend reading a whole vb book, maybe even two. Not just half of it - that will mess you up. Which sadly is what I did, and I didn't grasp the concept on a lot of things and had to re read things. Along with reading a book, check out some visual basic sites such as www.vbexplorer.com or http://www.vbtutor.net/vbtutor.html . Work on doing non-battle.net applications to get a feel for the program and the coding atmosphere. (hell, it may even help to get a little experience in BASIC, or Liberty BASIC) Then when you feel you are ready to go onto battle.net applications decide whether you feel comfortable using local hashing or if you need to connect using CSB. And in my opinion using CSB can be a valuable learning tool, when I used to use CSB I did learn a lot about battle.net programming. And then when you feel like you're ready to move on. Learn to connect using local hashing. The Point: Take the steps to learning the language and in the end completing the project you want correctly (in this case a bot) At least by learning visual basic you wont have to leech.
September 8, 2003, 8:12 PM
Avenge
I love where he says "must I code in it?"

edit: bahahahahaha that's a profiler
September 9, 2003, 2:43 AM
Mephisto
Why hasn't CupHead killed him yet?
April 20, 2004, 3:57 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Mephisto link=board=31;threadid=2559;start=30#msg55914 date=1082433456]
Why hasn't CupHead killed him yet?
[/quote]

Because CupHead has other more important things to do + this thread is almost a year old.
April 20, 2004, 8:01 AM
Mephisto
I was browsing around bored and read the rules of this forum and then that post. :p
April 20, 2004, 2:10 PM

Search