Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | New bot called AllianceBot

AuthorMessageTime
AllianceBot
I just made a new bot I like everyone to take alook and tel me what u think is it my first go at bot development ....

u can file the zip file at :
http://files.opdeadlyalliance.vze.com/AllianceBotBeta.zip

plz give ur feedback!

Yours
AllianceBot Beta !!
September 2, 2003, 6:48 PM
CrAz3D
I don't think/know that you're supposed to post releases here, I'm pretty sure it's a DEVELOPEMENT forum only. People come here to ask questions usually.

EDIT: You could've atleast changed the EBBOT.ini for th configuration file.
September 2, 2003, 7:21 PM
Grok
Kinda sounds like he's wanting the opinion of other bot developers. Is that so off-topic? "Hey fellow programmers, I wrote this -- pass judgment please."
September 2, 2003, 7:23 PM
Spht
You have several DLLs in there (BnetAuth, CheckRevision, Hash) which I'm guessing are all used during the connection to Battle.net. You should compress these in to one DLL for better organization.
September 2, 2003, 10:32 PM
DarkMinion
He most likely got those DLLs from someone else.
September 2, 2003, 11:05 PM
UserLoser
As far as I know BnetAuth.dll does the same as CheckRevision.dll, and Hash.dll and more...
September 3, 2003, 12:04 AM
SNiFFeR
This bot reminds me of an old bot....

Eth bot maybe.. who knows..
September 3, 2003, 12:10 AM
FLiPPY_
Yes.. it does remend me about EthBot.. well the settings dropdown that is..
September 3, 2003, 12:55 AM
DrivE
[quote author=SNiFFeR link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=0#msg19851 date=1062547833]

[/quote]

The Eth Bot source is public after all.

!~!HaZaRD!~!
September 3, 2003, 1:59 AM
Eternal
[quote author=SNiFFeR link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=0#msg19851 date=1062547833]

[/quote]

Yup, its eth.
September 3, 2003, 6:42 AM
Camel
I'm shocked that this thread hasn't been trashed yet.
September 3, 2003, 6:49 AM
iago
[quote author=Camel link=board=5;threadid=2548;start=0#msg19893 date=1062570994]
not everybody thinks the way VL members do.
[/quote]

And not everybody thinks the way Camel does.
September 3, 2003, 12:28 PM
AllianceBot
dam thanks alot everyone only asking if u like my EBBOT updated version :(

my next version has information on how I made this so dont think I am reping off ebbot because I am not!
September 3, 2003, 1:14 PM
iago
Reading that took a hell of a lot longer than it should have, had you spelled out full words. Please do me a favour: if you want any respect at all, spell out your words. Thanks!
September 3, 2003, 3:11 PM
DrivE
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=0#msg19937 date=1062601889]
Reading that took a hell of a lot longer than it should have, had you spelled out full words. Please do me a favour: if you want any respect at all, spell out your words. Thanks!
[/quote]

+1 for clearly stating what needed to be said.

!~!HaZaRD!~!
September 3, 2003, 3:20 PM
CrAz3D
Hooray for literacy!
September 3, 2003, 5:02 PM
Camel
Hazard, you really should stop posting every time you give someone karma -- it's just a waste of space most of the time.
September 4, 2003, 1:50 AM
BlazingKnight
Why do people always get off topic and start talking about other stuff. The guy is trying to develop his bot and wants your suggestions to help the process. Instead you just trail off arguing with each other. Thats the only reason this thread should be trashed.
September 4, 2003, 3:28 AM
iago
He got some advice.. basically, to write his own bot.
September 4, 2003, 9:46 AM
Adron
Arguing is so fun. Helping isn't nearly as fun :P
September 4, 2003, 12:16 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Hazard link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=0#msg19938 date=1062602417]
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=0#msg19937 date=1062601889]
[/quote]

!~!HaZaRD!~!
[/quote]

You know, that's the problem with the majority of America's youth today, and something that really just pisses me off. People don't take the time to learn how to speak correctly. Nor do they take the time to learn how to spell, or write. It drives me crazy. English is NOT a difficult language, especially if you LIVE in the UNITED STATES!

Good site:
http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

And a good example of how NOT to speak:
http://www.engrish.com/
September 5, 2003, 2:15 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=15#msg20224 date=1062728155]
You know, that's the problem with the majority of America's youth today, and something that really just pisses me off. People don't take the time to learn how to speak correctly. Nor do they take the time to learn how to spell, or write. It drives me crazy. English is NOT a difficult language, especially if you LIVE in the UNITED STATES!
[/quote]

Stolen from a site:
[quote]
American English has been rated the most difficult language to learn, even
more than Chinese:

I Love English!

The bandage was wound around the wound.

The farm was used to produce produce.

The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

He could lead if he would get the lead out.

The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

Since there is no time like the present, he decided it was time to
present the present.

A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

I did not object to the object.

The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.

They were too close to the door to close it.

The buck does funny things when the does are present.

To help with the planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

After a number of injections, my jaw got number.

Upon seeing a tear in the painting, I shed a tear.

I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

Yes, English can be bewildering. If we explore its paradoxes, we find
that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square, and a guinea
pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

In what language do people recite at a play, and play at a recital?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, yet a wise man and a
wise guy are opposites?

Yes, in American English, your house can burn up as it burns down, you
fill out a form by filling it in, and an alarm goes off by going on.

That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible; when the lights
are out, they are invisible.

And, when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay,
I end it.

I love English.
[/quote]
September 5, 2003, 2:59 AM
Myndfyr
To *Learn*. Growing up with English all around, in the total immersian environment, in the UNITED STATES, American teens have no excuse at all (except, perhaps, dyslexia) for not being able to spell or write a coherent sentence. The distinction between "it's" and "its" is very easy to make (contraction versus possesion, respectively), as is "to," "two," and "too." When I'm reading, and I come across a word such as "read," it may take me, at most, two times to determine if it should be pronounced as "reed" or "red," depending on verb tense or if the word is an adjective or a verb.

I don't sit back and expect that everybody know every part of speech. However, is it too much to ask that people know the difference between "to," "too," and "two;" that "they're" means something completely different than "their;" or that several words can be spelled the same but sound differently?

I'm 19. I only had to read the lines below once to understand them and be able to say them correctly, with the exception of one:
[quote]
After a number of injections, my jaw got number.
[/quote]
Of course, that statement could be questioned; "number" meaning "more numb" is not something typically used. "More numb" would be a more acceptable construction to express that statement. =)

But I digress. The point is, the majority of people in the United States are uneducated morons, and I resent that I end up getting grouped into the same moronic society that the rest of the world disdains.

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort in America to learn how to speak. It bothers me that people are too complacent now to put any effort into anything....

This has just turned into my philosophical ramblings of my disgust of the state of education in America.... *sigh*
September 5, 2003, 6:28 AM
Soul Taker
Inability and lack of desire are very seperate things.
September 5, 2003, 6:55 AM
Adron
I wrote much better English when I first got here :(
September 5, 2003, 9:36 AM
Eternal
It's about time you all learn't the Queen's English.
Proper British stuff.

:P
September 5, 2003, 3:03 PM
DrivE
[quote author=Eternal link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=15#msg20245 date=1062774180]
It's about time you all learn't the Queen's English.
Proper British stuff.

:P
[/quote]

[me=Hazard]smites Eternal[/me]

British bad!
September 5, 2003, 3:41 PM
Camel
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=15#msg20232 date=1062743307][quote]After a number of injections, my jaw got number.[/quote]Of course, that statement could be questioned; "number" meaning "more numb" is not something typically used. "More numb" would be a more acceptable construction to express that statement. =)[/quote]No, 'number' in that context is just flat out wrong. The reason it is unacceptable is because of the homynim -- how is one to know if he actually means 'number' if the correct meaning is said to be 'more numb?'

To be safe, the general rule to go by is don't use "word+er" unless "more word" sounds fucked up.

[edit] Additionally, anybody who can identify the difference between a verb and a noun can decipher most of those sentances. I'm not interested in proving my point enough to actually seperate them to see how many sill remain, but I doubt it is very many.
September 5, 2003, 10:59 PM
kamakazie
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=15#msg20269 date=1062802770]
No, 'number' in that context is just flat out wrong. The reason it is unacceptable is because of the homynim -- how is one to know if he actually means 'number' if the correct meaning is said to be 'more numb?'

To be safe, the general rule to go by is don't use "word+er" unless "more word" sounds fucked up.
[/quote]

Number is not a homonym, it's a heteronym.
September 6, 2003, 3:02 AM
Zeller
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=15#msg20224 date=1062728155]
[quote author=Hazard link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=0#msg19938 date=1062602417]
[/quote]

!~!HaZaRD!~!
[/quote]

Good site:
http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

And a good example of how NOT to speak:
http://www.engrish.com/

[/quote]

I thought english was one of the most difficult languages to learn in the world...
September 6, 2003, 4:56 AM
FOH-Master
I agree. English is one of the most dificult languages to learn but one of the most comon.
September 6, 2003, 8:18 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=15#msg20269 date=1062802770]The general rule to go by is don't use "word+er" unless "more word" sounds fucked up.[/quote]I was taught that if the word has a single syllable, add the "er" suffix, else if it has multiple syllables, then prepend the word "more". I don't often follow what I was taught though... I prefer to follow what you said.
September 6, 2003, 8:38 AM
Adron
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=15#msg20269 date=1062802770]
No, 'number' in that context is just flat out wrong. The reason it is unacceptable is because of the homynim -- how is one to know if he actually means 'number' if the correct meaning is said to be 'more numb?'

[/quote]

Hmm, I don't agree, and I can't find any reference agreeing with you. I say, use whichever sounds best. If adjective+er sounds good, use it.

September 6, 2003, 12:28 PM
Camel
[quote author=Adron link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=30#msg20332 date=1062851331]Hmm, I don't agree, and I can't find any reference agreeing with you. I say, use whichever sounds best. If adjective+er sounds good, use it.[/quote]

The reason I say use 'more' if you can is because it sounds more intellectual.

[hypocracy]
Telling someone who is new to a language to go by what 'sounds good' isn't the best idea.
[/hypocracy]
September 6, 2003, 8:32 PM
Adron
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=2547;start=30#msg20377 date=1062880348]
[hypocracy]
Telling someone who is new to a language to go by what 'sounds good' isn't the best idea.
[/hypocracy]
[/quote]

True, then the general rule would be to use -er for all single syllable words, more for all 3+ syllable words, and guess for the 2-syllable words.
September 6, 2003, 9:02 PM

Search