Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | DarkVirus Fan Forum | New business idea

AuthorMessageTime
DarkVirusThis is an idea I came up with and I'm just curious on the market out there for people who don't like going through other computer manufacturers and don't wanna pay outrageous prices for pieces of shit in a box. Answer seriously please SmileySeptember 01, 2003, 07:41 pm
HazardI'd definetly like a custom built computer over a manufacturer, assuming the designer and builder knew full well what he or she was doing. However, there are those mindless consumers who wouldn't know a modem from their lovers genitles. These people require lots of technical support, which would be difficult for a custom builder. However, for those that know their way around a computer system, then you have an extremely good business idea. Thats just my two cents.

!~!HaZaRD!~!
September 01, 2003, 07:51 pm
CamelI always try to build my own computers. I've been known to build computers for friends, but I don't charge them extra.September 01, 2003, 09:04 pm
DenialFor those who can't build their own computers they tend to go with companies that are well known much as dell and all the stupid other ones. You would first have to find a way so people can trust you and know that you can get them what they want. It all comes down to. Who can get me what i want and can i trust this person to do it.

I don't know what you think about what im saying but thats how i can feel. i much rather build my own though since it's pretty easy but some people can't even use internet explorer unless someone shows them show to use it.
September 27, 2003, 09:11 pm
iagoI think it depends a lot on how much service you're willing to provide.  If you build one that stops working due to hardware failure, and you refuse to look at it/fix it, I could see somebody not wanting to buy one.September 29, 2003, 08:22 am
Adron
I think it depends a lot on how much service you're willing to provide.  If you build one that stops working due to hardware failure, and you refuse to look at it/fix it, I could see somebody not wanting to buy one.

If I pay someone to build me a computer, what I'm really paying for is being able to return it and get it fixed or my money back if it's not working. It's much easier to troubleshoot a hardware problem if you have several similar machines that you can swap parts out with...
September 29, 2003, 01:51 pm
j0k3rI bought my computer from a chinese guy that's had a store for awhile for just under a thousand, while at bestbuy it would've cost me close to $2000. The only reason my dad let me buy it (yeah I'm still partially under his control) is because the guy guaranteed I could bring it in for hardware repair.October 25, 2003, 10:09 pm