Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Multiple Monitors

AuthorMessageTime
HIGHWAY99
Hey, anyone out in forum land know any api calls or vb coding for stuff like checking how many monitors/desktops are currently setup on a pc. and the size and dementions of each. also, how to change just the dementions of like the 2nd or 3rd without doing the same to the first. :o
September 1, 2003, 10:41 PM
DrivE
[quote author=HIGHWAY99 link=board=5;threadid=2538;start=0#msg19755 date=1062456119]
Hey, anyone out in forum land know any api calls or vb coding for stuff like checking how many monitors/desktops are currently setup on a pc. and the size and dementions of each. also, how to change just the dementions of like the 2nd or 3rd without doing the same to the first. :o
[/quote]

Huh?

!~!HaZaRD!~!

[Edit]Ok now I get it... had to read it a few times before I got it. I don't think this is much of a programming question... more of a networking question if you ask me.
September 1, 2003, 10:44 PM
j0k3r
Does your vid card support second and third monitors? If so you can go into the settings (Display Properties > Settings) and once you mess with that for awhile you'll understand how to change them individually (confused the hell out of me at first).
September 1, 2003, 11:28 PM
HIGHWAY99
Really, i wouldn't call it a networking question at all, and i'm not trying to change settings manually through control panel :p

I got more than one video card (1onboard, 1expansionslot). Trying to see how to do an api call or something in v.b. to catch info and maybe even change/set it. Sounds like a programming question to me. ;)

It's just that i haven't seen where V.B.6 actually handles doing much on more than just the first screen without some tweeking.

Had some spear time, and since password recovery for the forum was working again :) I figured i'ld see what some others thought about it.
September 2, 2003, 12:08 AM
Skywing
[quote author=HIGHWAY99 link=board=5;threadid=2538;start=0#msg19768 date=1062461336]
Really, i wouldn't call it a networking question at all, and i'm not trying to change settings manually through control panel :p

I got more than one video card (1onboard, 1expansionslot). Trying to see how to do an api call or something in v.b. to catch info and maybe even change/set it. Sounds like a programming question to me. ;)

It's just that i haven't seen where V.B.6 actually handles doing much on more than just the first screen without some tweeking.

Had some spear time, and since password recovery for the forum was working again :) I figured i'ld see what some others thought about it.
[/quote]
Look up EnumDisplaySettings and EnumDisplayDevices in MSDN.
September 2, 2003, 1:07 AM

Search