Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Remeber the old winbots?

AuthorMessageTime
13inary
Well does anybody remember the old winbots (and japan bots) that people said worked. You downloaded them, filled out a wierd looking configuration file. The readme file said "It will connect to battle.net, whisper a user for a secret code that will give you wins (or a japan icon)", but all it really did was login with Starcraft Shareware, whisper your key to someone and sit there. Well im wondering if anybody still has one of those, i need the starcraft shareware login protocal. ty
August 25, 2003, 9:23 PM
Maddox
[quote author=13inary link=board=17;threadid=2459;start=0#msg19177 date=1061846615]
Well does anybody remember the old winbots (and japan bots) that people said worked. You downloaded them, filled out a wierd looking configuration file. The readme file said "It will connect to battle.net, whisper a user for a secret code that will give you wins (or a japan icon)", but all it really did was login with Starcraft Shareware, whisper your key to someone and sit there. Well im wondering if anybody still has one of those, i need the starcraft shareware login protocal. ty
[/quote]

You could just download Starcraft Shareware.
August 25, 2003, 9:29 PM
Adron
I never saw one of those. Why would someone make something so complex when they could just mail the cd key, or even just pass it to a cgi?
August 25, 2003, 9:54 PM
St0rm.iD
SSHR is the only binary protocol I reversed myself.
August 25, 2003, 10:13 PM
Adron
It should be very similar to DRTL.
August 25, 2003, 10:20 PM
Grok
[quote author=Adron link=board=17;threadid=2459;start=0#msg19179 date=1061848465]
I never saw one of those. Why would someone make something so complex when they could just mail the cd key, or even just pass it to a cgi?
[/quote]

Firewalls. People will have configured battle.net access outbound. By relying on that hole, their BlackIce and other models will not alert them.

Hmm, but you have to think they are also allowing *.*.*.*:80 without prompting each time, so a cgi would be equally as good and plenty easier.
August 25, 2003, 10:56 PM
Adron
[quote author=Grok link=board=17;threadid=2459;start=0#msg19191 date=1061852184]
Firewalls. People will have configured battle.net access outbound. By relying on that hole, their BlackIce and other models will not alert them.

Hmm, but you have to think they are also allowing *.*.*.*:80 without prompting each time, so a cgi would be equally as good and plenty easier.
[/quote]

Ah, of course. Communicate over the path that you're expected to, and nothing else. Yes, that makes sense. Still, maybe you could connect to one of your own servers, on port 6112. I doubt people would bother to list the b.net ips in their firewalls, especially since they change.
August 25, 2003, 11:13 PM
RhiNo
ahhh yes i know what ur talking about and adron noone made sumtin so complex they did it with nbbot and made a small CFG for it that logs on with a name like leaked1.09 or something of that nature and whispered the person in the cfg the name key and pw
August 27, 2003, 1:55 PM
Adron
Hmm? So basically you filled in your secret information into automatic response lines? Sounds stupid!
August 27, 2003, 7:24 PM

Search