Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development References | Packet 0x5C Information

AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser
Anyone know what it does and what it's for? It's send after 0x51. I've only seen it so far on Warcraft III.

0000 FF 5C 08 00 33 52 41 57 .\..3RAW

Any ideas?
August 15, 2003, 10:07 PM
Camel
The client is obviously just reminding the server that it is WAR3 so it doesnt forget.

But anyways, I managed to ipban myself by sending that after fully logging in, so don't anybody else try it except right after 0x51. >.<
August 16, 2003, 12:03 AM
Arta
Does it have a response?
August 16, 2003, 8:48 AM
UserLoser
Well, when I packet log Warcraft III, I never see and thing recieved, when I send it logging in, there was no reponse. I think it could be to request if there are any tournaments for that product. And yesterday, I do remember seeing a message saying something about a tournament.
August 16, 2003, 2:37 PM
Soul Taker
That would make sense since my bot has never recieved an unhandled packet when tournaments are going on, and does not send that. I was wondering how the client knew tournaments were happening!
August 16, 2003, 3:59 PM
DaRk-FeAnOr
If it requires no response, then it is not very important in the login sequence. Tourny info might make sense, except it is a very short packet and there is no non hex information to the right of it, giving spacific information.
August 17, 2003, 3:17 AM
Soul Taker
Why would it need any more info than the client? Also, 'to the right of it' is a DWORD, not a string.
August 17, 2003, 11:29 AM

Search