Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Change Requests Methodology

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
I'm looking for a simple change request management system for a small (<50) IT department. It should have web interface (we have IIS and Websphere servers), roles (administrator, managers, architects, programmers, reviewers, analysis, etc), support history tracking, reporting, prioritizing, and other nice features. It also should be free, open source, and if it didn't suck that would be a real bonus.
August 15, 2003, 2:46 AM
mavrick_kr
I ain't 100% sure what you're looking for so I took it in me to look. But this is all I could find. If any of those are it then awesome if not, then, well I tried. :O

Click here
August 15, 2003, 5:05 AM
Noodlez
[quote author=mavrick_kr link=board=6;threadid=2332;start=0#msg18158 date=1060923919]
I ain't 100% sure what you're looking for so I took it in me to look. But this is all I could find. If any of those are it then awesome if not, then, well I tried. :O

Click here
[/quote]
Do you honestly think the grokster didn't search the web before posting here?
August 15, 2003, 9:58 AM
Adron
How about RT ?

[quote]
RT: Request Tracker
RT is an enterprise-grade ticketing system which enables a group of people to intelligently and efficiently manage tasks, issues, and requests submitted by a community of users.

The RT platform has been under development since 1996, and is used by systems administrators, customer support staffs, IT managers, developers and marketing departments at thousands of sites around the world.
[/quote]
August 15, 2003, 1:09 PM
St0rm.iD
I'm writing sort of the same thing...I basically wrote a form wrapper around an email :)
August 15, 2003, 11:36 PM
mavrick_kr
He probably has, but he probably didn't write the whole explaination of it at www.ask.com like he did on this forum. Thanks. :-*
August 16, 2003, 4:32 AM
Noodlez
[quote author=Mavrick_kr link=board=6;threadid=2332;start=0#msg18331 date=1061008341]
He probably has, but he probably didn't write the whole explaination of it at www.ask.com like he did on this forum. Thanks. :-*
[/quote]

You do know that ask.com filters out the full explanation you wrote and just searches for the uncommon words, right? Besides, a google search is much more effective then jeeves.
August 18, 2003, 10:15 PM

Search