Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development References | Packet 0x13 Information

AuthorMessageTime
Camel
[code]RECV 0x19 0x10 0x00 0x00 0x00 You·have·been·disconnected·for·flooding. 0x00 Battle.net 0x00
Battle.net: You have been disconnected for flooding.
Disconnected
RECV 0x13
Disconnected[/code]

Anybody have any clue what 0x13 is or why it was sent? Wasn't on bnetdocs and search on the forums returned nothing. BTW, there was no data on the packet (FF 13 04 00).[code][/code]
August 12, 2003, 10:03 PM
DarkMinion
It IS in BnetDocs, and it only requires level 1 access...

(0x13) SID_FLOODDETECTED
August 12, 2003, 10:24 PM
UserLoser
Yes, 0x13 is SID_FLOODDETECTED, and 0x19 is SID_MESSAGEBOX. I believe the data in 0x19 (if there is any) is the type of message box to create. Which should tell you that you have been flooding Battle.net.

Edit: And in 0x13, there is a message stating 'You have been disconnected for flooding', and 'Battle.net' should be the title of your message box. :P And I'm not sure why you'd get it after logging on....
August 12, 2003, 10:39 PM
Camel
[quote author=DarkMinion link=board=17;threadid=2299;start=0#msg17914 date=1060727098]It IS in BnetDocs, and it only requires level 1 access...[/quote]
Hrmph, for some reason it wasn't showing up before. Oh well, it's there now.

The thing that threw me was that I was that it appeared that I was disconnected and then recieved 0x13 and was disconnected again. Seemed as though it was some evil omen packet or something, lol.
August 12, 2003, 11:05 PM
Spht
[quote author=UserLoser link=board=17;threadid=2299;start=0#msg17915 date=1060727943]
Yes, 0x13 is SID_FLOODDETECTED, and 0x19 is SID_MESSAGEBOX. I believe the data in 0x19 (if there is any) is the type of message box to create. Which should tell you that you have been flooding Battle.net.

Edit: And in 0x13, there is a message stating 'You have been disconnected for flooding', and 'Battle.net' should be the title of your message box. :P And I'm not sure why you'd get it after logging on....
[/quote]

SID_FLOODDETECTED simply lets the client know that it was disconnected for flooding and SID_MESSAGEBOX tells the client to display message box (this message include the type, title, and content of the message box), which is not necessarily always for flooding and can be used for other things. It is possible for SID_FLOODDETECTED to be sent to you after re-connecting to notify you that it was the reason for your last disconnect.
August 13, 2003, 6:00 AM
Skywing
[quote author=Spht link=board=17;threadid=2299;start=0#msg17931 date=1060754437]
[quote author=UserLoser link=board=17;threadid=2299;start=0#msg17915 date=1060727943]

[/quote]

SID_FLOODDETECTED simply lets the client know that it was disconnected for flooding and SID_MESSAGEBOX tells the client to display message box (this message include the type, title, and content of the message box), which is not necessarily always for flooding and can be used for other things. It is possible for SID_FLOODDETECTED to be sent to you after re-connecting to notify you that it was the reason for your last disconnect.
[/quote]
Are you sure about that? Last time I checked the official client just reset the chat server connection whenever receiving that message.
August 13, 2003, 9:31 PM
MesiaH
me too, i wondered about that a really long time ago when creating my first bot, and i got 0x13, but was completely null. Its just to tell you that you flooded, and 0x19 is used to send the message string "You have been disconnected for flooding..", and possibly other server side errors.
August 14, 2003, 5:37 AM

Search