Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | D2 Kicking (Big images)

AuthorMessageTime
iago
Has anybody else discovered the "kick" skill in diablo 2? While playing around today I noticed it, and I'm just wondering if there's anything else like that. In case you're wondering, it does no damage, but it does do knockback.

Here's some screenshots, but they're a little big :)
[img]http://www.backstab.ca/~rbowes/Screenshot010.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.backstab.ca/~rbowes/Screenshot021.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.backstab.ca/~rbowes/Screenshot020.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.backstab.ca/~rbowes/Screenshot019.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.backstab.ca/~rbowes/Screenshot016.jpg[/img]
August 9, 2003, 1:57 PM
DrivE
It's one of those Necromancer skills. Every character class has a useless skill or two... that is one of the Necro's.

!~!HaZaRD!~!
August 9, 2003, 2:06 PM
iago
[quote author=HaZarD link=board=2;threadid=2261;start=0#msg17531 date=1060437990]
It's one of those Necromancer skills. Every character class has a useless skill or two... that is one of the Necro's.

!~!HaZaRD!~!
[/quote]

Actually, all classes can kick (well, paladin, barb, and necro is all I tested it on)
August 9, 2003, 3:47 PM
j0k3r
How do you get it to do that?
August 9, 2003, 4:12 PM
Soul Taker
Noticed the kick skill for all classes way back in pre-LoD with some skill editor. You can do things like shoot Diablo's red lightning and stuff too.
August 9, 2003, 5:52 PM
j0k3r
>< >< >< ><

How?
August 9, 2003, 6:03 PM
Yoni
IMO, the only reason that's there is so that you can kick barrels - it's not meant to be used as an attack skill, just as an internal thingie. Dunno why it does knockback...
August 9, 2003, 7:15 PM
EvilCheese
My guess would be that it was originally intended to be just what it is.... a knockback kick to add to the combat moves available, but it was probably found to either add too much complexity or not to be particularly useful and was taken out but the support left in, like so many other elements of the D2 game.

I would guess the only connection it has with barrel kicking (and the only reason it probably still works ) is that it shares the same animation.

There are several other unused beta/pre-release features kicking around in the game.. though mostly you'll never see them.. and they show no intention of ever removing them.
August 10, 2003, 12:57 AM
SKiLLs
The Assassin has a kick skill and it does knockback..
August 10, 2003, 11:50 PM
j0k3r
Once again, How?

Btw Skills, the assassin kick does damage and is an actual skill which can be leveld.
August 11, 2003, 2:35 AM
mavrick_kr
What you guys dont realize is that he isn't on multiplayer, hes just playing it on single. Pretty interesting though, even though I've heard that you can make your own game basically(i've just heard, might not be true). But you guy's say you can do this with an editor? Hrm interesting. ;D
August 11, 2003, 6:53 AM
Eibro
[quote author=mavrick_kr link=board=2;threadid=2261;start=0#msg17756 date=1060584826]
What you guys dont realize is that he isn't on multiplayer, hes just playing it on single. Pretty interesting though, even though I've heard that you can make your own game basically(i've just heard, might not be true). But you guy's say you can do this with an editor? Hrm interesting. ;D
[/quote]How can you be sure? IIRC, that's his hardcore necro on USEast.
August 11, 2003, 7:01 AM
mavrick_kr
Because on the right top there are suppose to be numbers and what not, rememebr the game name and password? It always shows when you're playing multiplayer.
August 11, 2003, 7:46 AM
Noodlez
not if the minimap isn't on
August 11, 2003, 9:08 AM
mavrick_kr
No its automaticly there, anyways im off to bed.
August 11, 2003, 10:03 AM
Soul Taker
No, it's part of the minimap. Has been since Diablo 1 =P
August 11, 2003, 12:19 PM
EvilCheese
Even if, by some freak occurence of probability, he happened to be playing on single-player for that specific set of screenshots (and I know he wasnt ) that still wouldnt alter the fact that this is available as a basic skill on realms also :P
August 11, 2003, 2:24 PM
mavrick_kr
I guess your right, I hardly play d1, d2, d2x. :-[
August 11, 2003, 8:35 PM
iago
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, since I've been out of town, but both Eibro and EvilCheese are correct: that IS my hardcore useast necromancer on realms. I wouldn't be able to access it on single player without figuring out more stuff, since all I do is send a fake skill-change packet.
August 15, 2003, 7:29 AM
Camel
I vaguely remember using a program back in D2 1.03 or so that changed the current skill in single player to any skill of your choosing. It was even possible to select skills from different charactor classes, but it was a little sketchy and D2 would often crash if the wrong skill was used. I remember kick quite well; I remember trying to make a mod where it was essentially a kick-fest among lvl 9 chars, but I gave up as it turned out to be more work than I had initially anticipated.

It would be pretty cool if someone could figgure out how to assign some damage to the kick skill and even possibly make a mod that uses it freely. It can be rather useful at low levels if you get surrounded -- you can switch to kick and knock everybody away.
August 16, 2003, 7:00 AM

Search