Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Am I crazy?

AuthorMessageTime
iago
My stepdad wakes me up. It's early, and I protest, but he tells me he'll get me into a free movie, but it's a long drive. He tells me it's in Pensylvania (I know I can't spell), and that he will drive me (he's a truckdriver). There's a gap in my memory, and then I'm trying to sleep on an unfamalier couch. There's another person on a couch. Of course, I protest to this as well. I try to get up, but there's a man who won't let me. He explains to me that we are to be trained or something like that. I seem to remember the man counting the number of times the guy on the other bed rolls over. I do recognize the person on the other bed, and I know who it is, but, sadly, I can no longer remember who it is. I look around the room I'm in, and find stairs up. There is a helicopter, and a SMG with no ammo laying on the ground. I tell the man about it, and let him take care of it (I'm too afraid to take the gun for myself). In the morning, me and two others (I'm not sure who the third is, but the second guy is the other guy on the couch. We're sent out to a remote area, and told to get out. I seem to remember that all I have is a computer, and for some reason I only had a connection to battle.net, and the only person I could find was DaEvilestCheese. At this point, I don't know where in the world I am, and I have no way of finding out. I remember telling him what happened to me, and having an automap of the area around me, with "monsters" and "enemies" listed. I had to fight a porcupine-ish monster, and I somehow electrocuted him.

Then the phone rang and woke me up. That dream was so clear in my mind I had to write it down before I forgot it. :-D
August 9, 2003, 12:09 AM
DrivE
When was the last time you had a CAT scan?

!~!HaZaRD!~!
August 9, 2003, 12:40 AM
Hitmen
I don't think crazy means mentally challenged, so you're in the clear for now. ;)
August 9, 2003, 1:44 AM
Raven
Sounds like the plot of a new Final Fantasy game. ;)
August 9, 2003, 1:56 AM
iago
I can hardly remember it now, I can't picture anything from it anymore. Dreams are so weird like that :)
August 9, 2003, 8:28 AM
Adron
That's a cool dream. It's been a long time since I had an action dream like that. What games have you been playing lately?
August 9, 2003, 10:04 AM
iago
Actually, I recognized elements of Diablo II, Shadowrun (a RPG), and Chrono Trigger in it, as well as generic themes that I've probably gotten from movies.

I wonder what people drempt about 3000 years ago :-)
August 9, 2003, 11:12 AM
Adron
I don't know about 3000 years ago, but millions of years ago they probably dreamt the same as we would after watching Jurassic Park ;)
August 9, 2003, 12:13 PM
Noodlez
Have any of you ever had a dream where you know that your dreaming, and you can actually control the dream? It happened to me once... although I don't remember what the dream was completely about anymore, I'm pretty sure it was something about flying, and when I realised I could fly a bunch of snakes appeared and I watched as they couldn't harm me... that's all I remember =p
August 11, 2003, 9:19 AM
Naem
no.

but i dreamed yesterday that i was locked up in prison for a year for assisting armed robbery. somehow I had wound up in Italy and I was hiding out in the sewer systems, when I stumbled upon some kids playing basketball and they turned me in to the police. it was odd, to say the least..
August 11, 2003, 10:28 AM
tA-Kane
Dreams are so fun :)
August 11, 2003, 1:42 PM
Adron
Yes, they are. I just broke someone (who turned out to be a sorceror like me) out of prison this morning :P
August 11, 2003, 3:37 PM
Grok
Just wanted to say, once again, how grateful I am!! Being locked in 'Caged Heat' with all those sex-deprived women prisoners was starting to interfere with my real life.
August 11, 2003, 5:06 PM
EvilCheese
What is slightly more disturbing is that Iago was dreaming of me. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or worried :P
August 11, 2003, 5:35 PM
Raven
I had a messedup dream a couple nights ago that I was in The Matrix, and somehow, Neo, Morpheus, and some other people got blown up, and I was the only survivor, so it was up to me to save Zion (which had somehow turned into the city from Blade Runner). So I went to my grandmother's house (she lives in a Chicago highrise) and rode the elevator a bunch of times in order to hide from the agents. Then, the agents found me in the lobby and I blew them up with a bomb that I apparently had or something like that. But then I got scared because I knew the other agents would recognize me and stuff, and I remember being all scared thinking that I would fail. Then I somehow endedup in some room of the resistance, where the Doc from Back to the Future performed plastic surgery on me and the leader of the agents, making me look like the leader and the leader look like me, and that's all I remember. Yup, dreams are indeed fun. I think it was the kind where I was aware of it aswell. :)
August 11, 2003, 5:38 PM
EvilCheese
Lucid dreams (ones you are aware of) are indeed fun. If you can realise you're dreaming without waking up, you can get up to all kinds of interesting things.

The thing I love about dreams is that they seem to have no defined rules of structure, yet still make sense.

I remember when I was at school.. dreaming I walked into one of the classrooms, which at the same time was a large grassy hillside with a tin-bath halfway up it.

I remember being worried about taking a bath there in case the teacher caught me.
August 11, 2003, 5:44 PM
j0k3r
I loved those "lucid" dreams where you realize your dreaming but don't wake up... Always end up in a huge orgy where I'm the only guy (and I mean ALWAYS, haha).

I also have reoccuring dreams... One is I'm in a big room where clouds are the walls and I'm floating and I see my friends in one of the corners then realize it's a (all 5 times I remember having the dream I realized it's a dream) and end up having sex (with girls, weird though I realize it's a dream every time).

My other reoccuring dream (which stopped) is I get it and walk downstairs because there's a light on in the living room, so I go down there and sit down for (what seems like) 2 minutes and then the guy from scream comes (the face dude). The first 3 times I had the dream I sit there and he stabs me in the neck, and I woke up in a cold sweat... The 4th (and last time) I had it, I ran through his legs, got the knves from the kitchen and killed him... I think I had to kill him for the dreams to stop, really weird at any rate.
August 11, 2003, 6:06 PM
Adron
That kind of dream has happened to me too. Like a nightmare, except you know that you're dreaming, and each time you die, you get a little further next time because you know what to watch out for. I had one of those over an extended period of time, years I think (not sure now, it was long ago), and I kept getting a little further each time. I suppose I'd been playing too many games and saving/loading...
August 11, 2003, 6:15 PM
Naem
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=2;threadid=2256;start=15#msg17816 date=1060625214]
My other reoccuring dream (which stopped) is I get it and walk downstairs because there's a light on in the living room, so I go down there and sit down for (what seems like) 2 minutes and then the guy from scream comes (the face dude). The first 3 times I had the dream I sit there and he stabs me in the neck, and I woke up in a cold sweat... The 4th (and last time) I had it, I ran through his legs, got the knves from the kitchen and killed him... I think I had to kill him for the dreams to stop, really weird at any rate.
[/quote]

You know, that scream guy never really dies. He's probably still in your house right now, hiding in one of your rooms, watching your every move with his knife at the ready.

The simple act of reading this post should ensure you have that dream again. Have fun!
August 12, 2003, 9:14 AM
mavrick_kr
I once had this dream where I was on top of this Gym roof and I fell off doing 360 spin sideways and landed on the ground safely by putting my hands forwards to catch the ground. Weird eh.
August 12, 2003, 8:09 PM
Eibro
I had a dream last night where terrorists took my entire workplace hostage, and I tipped over a shelf and it landed on one of them and I grabbed his SMG and shot him then I fired wildly at the others and ran to the back room where I barricaded myself and everyone else in by pushing the lockers and toaster up against the door but this wasnt enough and a terrorist with an AK47 wedged the gun in between the locker and the door frame but I grabbed an axe and bent the barrel of the gun then sprayed the row of lockers with my SMG and he started swearing at me and he fired back and it hit someone in the arm so I took off my belt and wrapped it around their arm but the bullet made the metallic... like a terminator so I couldn't do anything but spray the terrorists with my SMG (which suprisingly never ran out of bullets)

Ok, i'm done.
August 12, 2003, 8:39 PM
iago
Speaking of recurring dreams, I keep having one where I'm in the basement of my house, and there's a tunnel in the wall. Although it leads to different places every time (ranging from my school, while the school was being occupied by some people, and the tunnel went into the drafting room in what we call the "catacombs" of the school where my drafting teacher helped me) to ruins where it gets darker and narrower and colder until I just get too scared to go on. The weird part is that the tunnel is always in the same place, and I always get the same frightened feeling when I have to go in it, like a cold chill as if I know I shouldn't go in it.

Also a question to pose: Have you ever dreamt that you could fly? I've had multiple dreams where I could fly. Sometimes, I can just jump really high and glide, and other times I can actually maintain level flight for extended periods. I've done it in different ways for different reasons, whether I have to get across the forests on the way to my cottage to escape from the law for a crime I, of course, didn't commit, to just trying it out to see a nice overhead view of my neighbourhood. In either case, I would imagine it closely corrosponds to movies I've recently seen :)

When asking people at work, I found that most men have had dreams where they fly, and most woment don't.. any idea why that might be?
August 15, 2003, 7:27 AM
Hitmen
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=2256;start=15#msg18171 date=1060932425]
for a crime I, of course, didn't commit[/quote]

Yea sure... we belive you... ;)
August 15, 2003, 6:30 PM
hismajesty
I havent had a dream that I remember when I wake up in a while...every once in a while I will remember the dream when I awaken. But recurring dreams are indeed...for me...not fun, but frightening...since I dont like having the dream more than once...as I interpet it as some sort of message...When I was little I would always have a dream of me falling just falling for a long period of time in this totally black area. Then the most recent recurring dream Ive had is one that I really can't remember the details of but I recognize it when I do indeed have it. And oddly when I do have a dream It feels like it's in real time..where I know its happening (usually right before I wake up) but yet cant control it. :(
August 15, 2003, 8:20 PM
Eibro
I had a good one last night.
I was in the US army over in Iraq, and me and another soldier were following a crowd of civilians. Behind us was a jeep with Saddam in the back and two bodyguards in the front. There was a friendly feeling between all of us, and some sort of immunity surrounding Saddam.

We ended up sitting down, the crowd standing/sitting around us talking. I could barely see Saddam through the front windshield of the jeep, but he was similing. My partner pulled out her pistol and asked me "Is this legal?" I said "I don't know". The crowd started screaming "no weapons!" and she took aim at Saddams head and fired. I could see down the barrel of the gun as she took the shot... it missed, but both body guards got out of the Jeep and started firing wildly at us. She starting firing back faster than ever, and the bullets seemed to cause the bodies to explode as they hit them. I think I was firing too, but I can't remember. When it was over, the two bodyguards were dead, huge holes in their body, and a black fluid seeping out all over the ground. Neither of us were hit, but I think some people in the crowd were; again, I can't remember.

Cheerfully, Saddam got out of the jeep simling and said "I guess I should have jumped infront of one of those iron slugs". After the three of us had a good laugh, I think we turned him in. I can't really remember much after the laughing, though :(
August 15, 2003, 9:37 PM
iago
Another thing I noticed: when you dream, it's possible to dream of something that you don't necessarely know. For example, in the first dream I mentioned, I don't really know what EvilCheese looks like, and I'm pretty sure I had no visual representation of him in any way in the dream, but I knew he was there.
August 15, 2003, 9:53 PM
mavrick_kr
Umm, speaking of dreams, weird dreams that is. Now listen to this.

Ok, there was this one time where I dreamt that I was jumping over mountains(stupid eh?) and I would sometimes not make it, so I would fall and everything that would happen in real life happened in my dream, now don't get me wrong but everytime I landed, my feet would hurt, I mean literally hurt. There was also this one movie I saw of people trapped in this house like a gang war and killed everyone. Except...I got killed with a blow from a knife to the head but I could feel it.

I mean it feels like I'm only one with the most fun dreams but I keep feeling the blows, the landings or dying(not everytime).
August 16, 2003, 12:50 AM
hismajesty
that ... sucks!
August 16, 2003, 4:40 AM
mavrick_kr
I know it's messed up right? :P
August 16, 2003, 8:40 AM
Adron
I've felt things in dreams, but never really so it hurt (except when I lay on an arm or something, and it really did hurt when I woke up). Like, if I get shot, I can feel bullets passing through me, kind of like a rip, or something pulling, but not pain.
August 17, 2003, 3:57 PM
Camel
[quote author=Adron link=board=2;threadid=2256;start=15#msg17819 date=1060625713]
That kind of dream has happened to me too. Like a nightmare, except you know that you're dreaming, and each time you die, you get a little further next time because you know what to watch out for. I had one of those over an extended period of time, years I think (not sure now, it was long ago), and I kept getting a little further each time. I suppose I'd been playing too many games and saving/loading...
[/quote]

I love those dreams; I remember when I was little I would often dream of being in the second floor of a house with all kinds of traps and I had to get out. I really enjoyed that one as it had extremely challenging puzzles, which is odd considering my mind came up with it all.
August 17, 2003, 4:30 PM
Camel
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=2256;start=15#msg18267 date=1060984415]
Another thing I noticed: when you dream, it's possible to dream of something that you don't necessarely know. For example, in the first dream I mentioned, I don't really know what EvilCheese looks like, and I'm pretty sure I had no visual representation of him in any way in the dream, but I knew he was there.
[/quote]

From what I understand, the visual representation doesnt come until after one wakes up and conciously think sabout the people in his dreams.
August 17, 2003, 4:32 PM
Trance
I have a reoccuring dream which I usually have before christmas for some reason.. anyways I'm at the start of my living room, the air is purple, and there is an erie noise like you hear in horror movies during a scary part.. i walk up to a christmas tree at the other end of the room and look at this purple christmas light on the tree.. then I wake up.. But the dreams seems be getting shorter and shorter each year...
August 17, 2003, 10:03 PM
iago
I had another fun type of dream Sunday night.. I fell asleep at about 4pm with my tv on, and at 9pm my vcr automatically started taping Law & Order: Criminal Intent. In my dream, I could hear Goren's voice, which I recognized, and tried to apply it to what was happening in my dream. I had about 2 mins of this before actually waking the rest of the way up and realizing that the L&O episode wasn't taking place on a beach, as well as a couple incorrect assumptions I made in my dream :)
September 1, 2003, 4:00 PM
FlAsH
I had one dream afew nights ago about being in school (it wasn't really my school, but for some reason i new it was school). One of my friends came up to me with a shit load of pot, like 3 pounds (just some crazy amount) that he seemed to pull out of his pocket. I then took a handfull and put it in my pocket and went on with my day. A friend came up to me and asked me to go work out with him and his older brother at the gym, so i agreed, and I 'went' (kind of just appeared there) to what i thought was the gym, and met up with my friend and his brother. I looked around and saw it was just a bunch of bars you climb across which was over about a 2 story drop above my school. At this point my dream ended, I don't understand it at all :-\
(i don't do pot btw)

Another relativally short dream I had was me and an aparent friend (I had no idea who this guy was, but for whatever reason I knew he was my friend). We were in an italian restuarante behind a counter aparently doing some kind of deal, and all of a sudden we heard gun shots and we all ducked down laying on the floor, I could see some mexicans outside doing a driveby, but the driveby went on for 9 or 10 minutes, and all I could think of laying on the ground was what a bullet felt like when it hit you, Then I woke up.

Also, I don't know about all of your dreams, but my dreams never have spoken dialoge, It's always like you are telepathic, you know what they are saying, and they know what you are saying, but no one ever talks, they're always completally silent.
September 3, 2003, 12:59 PM
Adron
[quote author=FlAsH link=board=2;threadid=2256;start=30#msg19916 date=1062593981]
Also, I don't know about all of your dreams, but my dreams never have spoken dialoge, It's always like you are telepathic, you know what they are saying, and they know what you are saying, but no one ever talks, they're always completally silent.
[/quote]

That's an interesting thing to notice. I can't say for sure if I've ever heard things in my dreams, or spoken. I'll try to remember to listen carefully next time I dream...
September 3, 2003, 6:05 PM
iago
Actually, that IS a really good point. I dont' specifically remember ever talking, but what I'm sure of is that I very often have communication problems; I have trouble explaining stuff to people and stuff like that. Also, when there's text in my dream, I can never read it, or I can only make out one word at a time and can't put together a sentence..
September 3, 2003, 6:46 PM
Spht
[quote author=FlAsH link=board=2;threadid=2256;start=30#msg19916 date=1062593981]
[/quote]

I agree. I think people who talk in their sleep are people who decide not to communicate with other actors in their dreams telepathically, but instead speak as they normally would. I find that when I try and speak normally in my dreams, I wake up. You must learn the art of telepathic communication in the dream world. Then, and only then, can you enjoy imaginary conversations!
September 4, 2003, 11:33 PM
Adron
Tonight, I had a dream...

I was working against a dictator in some african country. In the first part, I was part of a squad. I've forgotten mostly about it since it was early, but I remember being on top of a tower, trying to throw down a grenade on someone below while keeping my head down.

Sadly though, we were pulled out, not sure if it was because everyone died but me, but anyway, I found myself on a one-man-war. After beefing myself up with a shield belt to soak up some of the damage, I went back in. Trying to find the way back (At this time I'm not sure if I knew I was dreaming, but I did know that I had to focus to find the place I wanted to get to), I had to dodge what I at the time thought was green laser blasts, very odd. In retrospect I bet it was just Skywing.

Finally getting my focus right, I snuck into some type of compound, around a few corners trying to avoid land mines. I wasn't extremely worried about the mines, because I figured my shield belt could take one or two mines and there'd be time to despair later.

Either way, I found myself in the evil boss's office. There I arranged a bunch of mines. On top of that, and here comes the interesting part, I tried to write "FUCK YOU" with torn pieces from some cloth-ish thing. I was having real trouble getting the shape of the C right and readable. Maybe the ability to write that was just because the expression is so graphic, but I did eventually. The plan was that the evil boss would be so outraged that he rushed over to wipe the letters out, and get blown up in the process.

Unfortunately, the boss showed up with some guards far away but in sight of the door at that time, so there was no way for me to get out. I decided that I'd stay and make sure I got it done, so I waited for the boss just inside the door. When he appeared, I grabbed him, and was just going to pull him over to step on the mines (I figured maybe my shield belt would protect me, and if not, it was worth it anyway) but then he turned into someone I know in real life. I was so surprised that I woke up, and no matter how I tried, I couldn't resume the dream.

Then I remembered that I had been writing in the dream and decided to share that fact with you here to feed the discussions.

September 8, 2003, 11:41 AM
iago
I can't remember the last time I've written in a dream, although I do remember trying to type before, and I almost always have problems getting the letters right. I'll almost always hit the wrong key, be unable to find the correct key, or just get confused when I try.

Oh, and I think somebody else has been playing too many video games :-)
September 8, 2003, 12:57 PM

Search