Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Channel List

AuthorMessageTime
FLiPPY_
Ok.. I need help with the channel list now. I've looked at some sources but they didn't seem to help. I Have all of the images.. but I need the
Private Sub CleanSlateBot1_ChannelList(ChannelName As String)

Private Sub CleanSlateBot1_JoinedChannel(ByVal ChannelName As String, ByVal Flags As Long, SimulatedEvent As Boolean)

Private Sub CleanSlateBot1_UserInChannel(ByVal UserName As String, ByVal Flags As Long, ByVal Message As String, ByVal Ping As Long, ByVal Product As String, StatUpdate As Boolean, SimulatedEvent As Boolean)

So it shows the icons for the channel list. I would want it to Be Icon, Username, Ping
:-)

-I use CSB
August 5, 2003, 12:38 AM
DarkMinion
I'm sorry, but can't you do *anything* on your own? :-\
August 5, 2003, 2:07 AM
FLiPPY_
Yes.. I did do stuff. Technically.. I got the bot to connect.. because I was looking over code and I realized I forgot to add
CleanSlateBot1.Product = strProduct

For the add text thing. I accidently switched two things around.

So if you really think about it.. that was the only thing I needed help for.. other then this. Sorry for being a newbie to CleanSlateBot.
August 5, 2003, 2:12 AM
FuZe
Again, I don't know much about csb but try using the list view control (Add components (type ctrl + t) add Microsoft Common Controls 5.0 (SP2). The listview control can add icons, text and other stuff. Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/ and search listview :|
August 5, 2003, 3:19 AM
Soul Taker
This has nothing to do with CSB at all. This is basic VB stuff.
August 5, 2003, 3:40 AM
FLiPPY_
I don't think you guys got the point.. So i'll explain again. I have a the channel list made. I'm having trouble with the code that it has to have to add Icons, Username, and Ping. So when the bot joins that channel.. it shows the peopple already in there. Same thing with userjoin and userleave. (Only it adds a user or subtracts.)

I hope you get my point.
August 5, 2003, 2:46 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Soul Taker link=board=17;threadid=2208;start=0#msg17070 date=1060054807]
This has nothing to do with CSB at all. This is basic VB stuff.
[/quote]
I think he gets the point.
August 5, 2003, 3:20 PM
FLiPPY_
Damn.. channel list must be hard if no one can give me a code.. or wright a tutorial. (I read cupheads) Do you know any bot that uses CSB and has a source out?
August 5, 2003, 3:39 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=FLiPPY_ link=board=17;threadid=2208;start=0#msg17093 date=1060094767]
I don't think you guys got the point.. So i'll explain again. I have a the channel list made. I'm having trouble with the code that it has to have to add Icons, Username, and Ping. So when the bot joins that channel.. it shows the peopple already in there. Same thing with userjoin and userleave. (Only it adds a user or subtracts.)

I hope you get my point.
[/quote]

First Draw The ListView On The Form
To Add The Pics Right Click On The ListView You Can Change The Stuff In There (Options, Pictures,Battle.net Icons, etc)
I'm not gonna give you the whole code dealing with the icons nor the module..anyway...

To Add To The ListView Do
[code]
ListView1.ListItems.Add
[/code]
Example:
[code]
If icon <> ICON_GAVEL Then
With Form1.lvChannel.ListItems.Add(, , Username, , icon)
.ListSubItems.Add , , , lagicoN
End With
[/code]
Note: That's Under The User Join Thingy In CSB..But Don't Just Put That Code In And Expect It To Work...You'll Need To Write A Module...
-----------------
Removing From Listview...This Is REALLLLLY Hard
[code]
ListView1.ListItems.Remove
[/code]
*gasp*

Example:
[code]
Form1.lvChannel.ListItems.Remove Form1.lvChannel.FindItem(Username).Index
[/code]
-----------------------------
Have you thought of enrolling in a vb class...or reading a book by any chance?
www.vbexplorer.com
------------------------------
Edit:
[quote]
Damn.. channel list must be hard if no one can give me a code.
[/quote]
Maybe because we're not making YOUR bot...you are..
August 5, 2003, 3:47 PM
Grok
[quote author=FLiPPY_ link=board=17;threadid=2208;start=0#msg17093 date=1060094767]

I hope you get my point.
[/quote]

It may surprise you to know that we all perfectly well understand your point. You have CSB dropped on a form, and have created the event procedures by clicking on them in the drop-down. But since you have no clue how to write Visual Basic code, you don't know what to do next. Even if you knew VB, you haven't given any thought to the algorithm needed to read the parameters and convert them to display elements in your GUI.

Failing to grasp even the smallest clue, you are attempting to blame everyone else for your ignorance. Most everyone here sees it in most every one of your posts.

Sorry, but it is true.
August 5, 2003, 3:56 PM
FLiPPY_
Wow you figured me out
:-\
August 5, 2003, 4:07 PM
hismajesty
It wasn't hard to do so FLiPPY_ .
August 5, 2003, 4:29 PM
CrAz3D
What is [quote]a code[/quote]?
August 5, 2003, 6:08 PM