Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Finding password for windows XP ($ reward)

AuthorMessageTime
keeKz
Hey, when I start the computer there is a password on it before it logs in, for a username.

My question is, once you are logged in, can you find a way to find the password? (This happens by once they put the password in for you, your in their main part)

I checked registry, but perhaps I didn't check well enough... Does anyone know a way to find the password once logged in? Thanks.

Ps. I'll send $40 paypal to whoever can figure out how. thx!
August 2, 2003, 9:22 PM
Thing
By far, the easiest way to extract a password from a user is to ask them. Any black hat will confirm this.

Please click here. Thanks.
August 2, 2003, 9:46 PM
Raven
Hehe, do they still use the term "black hats"?
August 2, 2003, 9:53 PM
keeKz
My parents wont tell me. I won't send you anything for that. lol, nice try.
August 2, 2003, 10:50 PM
hismajesty
why do you want your parents passwords?

would you pay for this?

[quote]
Anyone with a Windows 2000 CD can boot up a Windows XP box and start the Windows 2000 Recovery Console, a troubleshooting program.
Windows XP then allows the visitor to operate as Administrator without a password, even if the Administrator account has a strong password.
The visitor can also operate in any of the other user accounts that may be present on the XP machine, even if those accounts have passwords.
Unbelievably, the visitor can copy files from the hard disk to a floppy disk or other removable media - something even an Administrator is normally prevented from doing when using the Recovery Console.

[/quote]
Link:

http://kennethhunt.com/archives/000640.html
August 2, 2003, 10:52 PM
Raven
Send money first, then we'll tell you.
August 2, 2003, 10:55 PM
keeKz
I'm sure Grok or Skywing will know. They're both geniouses
August 3, 2003, 2:09 AM
Raven
They won't tell you.
August 3, 2003, 2:36 AM
Thing
[quote]Hehe, do they still use the term "black hats"?[/quote]I don't know, I'm not part of that community.
[quote]My parents wont tell me.[/quote]Have you tried tying them up and jamming dried shards of lemon peel into their throats? That always works for me.

<Edit>I've given you two solutions. I want my money now. Thanks.
August 3, 2003, 3:43 AM
hismajesty
setup a hidden camera and watch what they type...in your super secret bat cave...or put one of those nifty key logger things that plugs into the keyboard port and it records all the keys pressed...then yeah go from there...i saw one at some geek store online a while back
August 3, 2003, 3:50 AM
Raven
Haha, keylogger is actually a pretty good idea, now you owe "hismajesty" money. :)
August 3, 2003, 4:10 AM
Spht
I'm beginning to think this whole money thing was one big scam to lure people into giving him help!?!
August 3, 2003, 4:40 AM
Raven
Well it doesn't really matter. His IP is logged in this forum, so if push comes to shove, we can just "extract" the money. ;D
August 3, 2003, 4:46 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Raven link=board=2;threadid=2184;start=0#msg16903 date=1059883815]
Haha, keylogger is actually a pretty good idea, now you owe "hismajesty" money. :)
[/quote]

This I Agree With +1 To Raven
August 3, 2003, 5:32 AM
iago
I think he should give the money to Thing, who will reinvest it in our server. Perhaps get a new mouse for it :-)
August 3, 2003, 10:34 AM
hismajesty
:'( that will work too
August 3, 2003, 1:25 PM

Search