Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Would you install software created by a company

AuthorMessageTime
Yoni
named Spyware Labs, Inc.?

http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/spyware.png
February 9, 2003, 7:20 PM
Thing
No thanks.
February 9, 2003, 7:35 PM
iago
I tried to click no, but it just wouldn't let me! :-(
February 9, 2003, 10:59 PM
Trance
[quote]I tried to click no, but it just wouldn't let me! :-([/quote]=/ I did the same thing.. then I realized it was a picture and felt really stupid. :(
February 10, 2003, 3:23 AM
Thing
Yoni, if you can, post a link to the site where you saw that.  I want to install it on my "guinea pig" machine to see what it does.
February 10, 2003, 10:31 AM
Yoni
Don't remember what site I got that in (it was at a friend's house) but they have a site: www.spywarelabs.com
February 10, 2003, 11:20 AM
iago
[quote]
=/ I did the same thing.. then I realized it was a picture and felt really stupid. :([/quote]

hahaha I was just joking! When I seen the .png, I knew it was a picture :P
February 10, 2003, 11:45 AM
Noodlez
from there site:
[quote]
Virtual Bouncer -- a free download that will detect parasites on your computer.  What is a parasite? A parasite is a software program that feeds off of you and your computer. Some kinds of parasites include:

:: Software that uses your computer to show ads to you while you are surfing the web

:: Software that uses your computer to track your behavior

:: Software that uses your computer to hijack your home page
[/quote]
lol
February 10, 2003, 7:20 PM
Yoni
Just got it again, in www.dictionary.com.

[???]
February 12, 2003, 3:34 PM
Trance
[quote]

hahaha I was just joking! When I seen the .png, I knew it was a picture :P[/quote]I knew it was going to be a picture, but I still got tricked, heh.
February 14, 2003, 2:31 AM
Etheran
that's why you're a newbie!!  :P
February 16, 2003, 11:58 PM

Search