Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | More connections at once..

AuthorMessageTime
Christ
Hello, i dunno if this has been stated before or not, but i didn't quite get all the info i need so if someone would try to help it would be greatly appciated =)

If bnet disconnected me, and i wanted to reconnect faster then then the 1 winsock reconnecting i'd like to get something like 5 or 6 going, so if the code looked like this is there any error in it.
Private Sub Form_Load()
'set properties
SocketName1.Connect
SocketName2.Connect
SocketName3.Connect
SocketName4.Connect
SocketName5.Connect
End Sub
its in VB of course, and if anyone can give an idea on something i said thx.
July 27, 2003, 1:01 AM
CrAz3D
Connecting more than one winsock would accomplish nothing. It would just start multiple connections to BNET.
July 27, 2003, 3:43 AM
DeviL
maybe he needs to connect as fast as possible to another server other than bnet, ei: Warrnet/XGN/PvPGN
July 27, 2003, 4:35 PM
Grok
[quote author=DeviL link=board=17;threadid=2084;start=0#msg16146 date=1059323707]
maybe he needs to connect as fast as possible to another server other than bnet, ei: Warrnet/XGN/PvPGN
[/quote]

In which case, this is the wrong forum.
July 27, 2003, 4:48 PM
FuZe
[quote author=Christ link=board=17;threadid=2084;start=0#msg16087 date=1059267663]
Hello, i dunno if this has been stated before or not, but i didn't quite get all the info i need so if someone would try to help it would be greatly appciated =)

If bnet disconnected me, and i wanted to reconnect faster then then the 1 winsock reconnecting i'd like to get something like 5 or 6 going, so if the code looked like this is there any error in it.
Private Sub Form_Load()
'set properties
SocketName1.Connect
SocketName2.Connect
SocketName3.Connect
SocketName4.Connect
SocketName5.Connect
End Sub
its in VB of course, and if anyone can give an idea on something i said thx.
[/quote]

Why is it in Form_Load shoudlnt it be in winsock_close() or something
July 28, 2003, 1:34 AM
Adron
Note that connecting 5 sockets in parallell might cause the first connection to complete later than if you had connected only one socket.
July 28, 2003, 5:57 PM
Camel
[quote author=Adron link=board=17;threadid=2084;start=0#msg16269 date=1059415053]
Note that connecting 5 sockets in parallell might cause the first connection to complete later than if you had connected only one socket.
[/quote]

Not to mention the ipbans...
July 28, 2003, 8:58 PM
Adron
What's the condition for ipban on multiconnect? Shouldn't you be allowed to connect 8 at once?
July 28, 2003, 9:00 PM
Camel
[quote author=Adron link=board=17;threadid=2084;start=0#msg16295 date=1059426016]
What's the condition for ipban on multiconnect? Shouldn't you be allowed to connect 8 at once?
[/quote]

Yes, but if one tries to connect them all at the same time battle.net will ipban for hammering.

[edit] BTW, this can be avoided by connecting twice to each of the four servers.
July 28, 2003, 9:10 PM
Adron
Ah... OK. So, you'll have to connect to all different servers on a realm. That would make more sense to speed up the connect too - if one server is temporarily down you'll get onto the first one to respond. Much more sense than sending 8 syn's to the same server.
July 28, 2003, 9:14 PM
Skywing
[quote author=Adron link=board=17;threadid=2084;start=0#msg16302 date=1059426850]
Ah... OK. So, you'll have to connect to all different servers on a realm. That would make more sense to speed up the connect too - if one server is temporarily down you'll get onto the first one to respond. Much more sense than sending 8 syn's to the same server.
[/quote]
Additionally, you could try staggering the connect requests, such that you make a new request every X ms or so up to a maximum of N pending requests, in case you don't like the long retransmit time for the default connect implementation (this would only really apply to situations where the connection is lost due to the entire server machine going down, or perhaps routing difficulties where previous SYNs might have been dropped and the sockets provider is taking a long time to notice).
July 29, 2003, 5:03 AM

Search