Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Donkey Kong Arcade (VB)

AuthorMessageTime
j0k3r
This is something I did for a class I was taking... They accidently sent me the project of the kid who was also doing it but it's generally the same thing (the game). Thought some of you might like to take a look at it. The zip includes all necessary files (the .exe, pics) and the forms and such with all the coding. To start it just click the .exe (you'll have to find it).
Enjoy.

www.clanpc.net/donkeykong.zip
July 25, 2003, 8:31 PM
iago
The left and right controls don't work right..
July 26, 2003, 12:36 AM
j0k3r
It should just be the left and right keys... It was working on my machine...
July 26, 2003, 2:13 PM
j0k3r
Still works for me... What problem are you having?
July 26, 2003, 2:15 PM
iago
I have to press the button repeatedly sometimes (can't hold it down), sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes it works fine. It's probably my computer's fault, maybe I need a numpad for it to work right?

July 26, 2003, 4:29 PM
iago
hmm, it works fine now, oh well :)

When you have the hammer and die, you shouldn't have it when you come back
The "Luigi" button does nothing?
A barrel went through me once, now sure how?
You should be able to jump level-to-level when the next one is low enough

Those are just some suggestions, in case you wanted. Also, I think it runs a little too fast :)
July 26, 2003, 4:32 PM
j0k3r
I don't know what was wrong with the hammer but I'm about 99% sure all I would havbe to do is set the boolean to false when you die... Like I said this one isn't mine, The luigi was the kids second thing (all it does is change mario's colour)... There are glitches (the barrel), it's hard to catch them all but the key thing is fine, I checked it myself. I guess you should be able to jump level-to-level but I don't recall that being in the original game.

Some fun ones to take advantage of:
1. When you die on the ladder you can "climb" to the top on an invisible ladder (once again a boolean must be set... not hard).
2. If you jump above the level above you and hit the "up" key twice you'll stay there.

There are also cheats he put in (open up the main form in VB, they should be near the bottom).
July 26, 2003, 7:42 PM

Search