Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | I had an Idea!

AuthorMessageTime
ThatOldFalcon
Yeah, I had one of those rare moments when my brain worked, and I kinda came up with, 'lo! an idea....

I was thinkin' perhaps you could make a forum for the people who are developing bots, but are new at it, so we could post questions to each other/post our progress, and maybe we could learn off each other and not so many questions that you guys dont really need/want to answer would go to the Bot Dev forum.

Just a thought!

Thanks for readin'
July 22, 2003, 2:25 PM
Spht
[quote author=ThatOldFalcon link=board=2;threadid=1998;start=0#msg15614 date=1058883903]
Yeah, I had one of those rare moments when my brain worked, and I kinda came up with, 'lo! an idea....

I was thinkin' perhaps you could make a forum for the people who are developing bots, but are new at it, so we could post questions to each other/post our progress, and maybe we could learn off each other and not so many questions that you guys dont really need/want to answer would go to the Bot Dev forum.

Just a thought!

Thanks for readin'
[/quote]

Ouch, sad. Look what the bot development community has become. Now people new to programming for Battle.net are too intimidated by the rats patrolling the bot development forum that they don't dare to ask a deemed simple question.

Don't be afraid of them, my friend, they just enjoy thinking they know everything when they often get caught rambling meaningless blabber.

Maybe attitudes and violence will be resolved in the bot community some day, but for now try and cope with people writing a hundred-word reply to boil your question down until you lose all respect and interest for programming for Battle.net.
July 22, 2003, 2:43 PM
ThatOldFalcon
lol Spht, okie :)

BTW That thing you wrote, I guess a long time ago, on packets and stuff is really helpful, thats what I've been tryin' to learn from....so thanks for that too :) (I was on a thanking spree!)
July 22, 2003, 2:52 PM

Search