Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | W3 BNLS Help

AuthorMessageTime
TriCk
Ok i'm makin a w3 bot, it connects but around about where it has to load the icons it comes up with and lists who's in the channel etc....
But it goes to the homechannel... even with the error occurring... any help?

"CSBOCX" in the titlebar
and
Runtime Error: '9'
July 22, 2003, 6:40 AM
Stealth
For future reference, BNLS is not the same as CleanSlateBot. CSB uses the BNLS server to connect, but they are separate entities.

As has been stated before on this forum, CleanSlateBot has had this problem when using Warcraft III since the 1.05 patch to Warcraft III. There is no solution that has been found to date. I have recieved wind that CupHead is making a new version of the control, but this is an entirely unconfirmed rumor that wouldn't do me any good, since I'm writing it out anyways.

To sum things up: If you want Warcraft III support, you need to write your own BNLS login exchange.
July 22, 2003, 7:21 AM
______
If you parse what icons tiers users have for warcraft 3, is there a way to stop recieving double stats, if a user has played night elf and orc bnet would send 2N3W and 3O3W causing double vision.
July 22, 2003, 12:57 PM
Stealth
Somehow ignore the second set of stats?
July 22, 2003, 7:14 PM
Eternal
[quote author=Stealth link=board=17;threadid=1995;start=0#msg15590 date=1058858482]
I have recieved wind that CupHead is making a new version of the control, but this is an entirely unconfirmed rumor that wouldn't do me any good, since I'm writing it out anyways.
[/quote]

[quote] Taken from VL website:New CleanSlateBot in the making. - Wednesday, July 9 2003

Seeing as how I have loads of free time to spend programming this summer, I have decided to recreate the CleanSlateBot OCX with the assistance of Noodlez. The new version has cleaner, more optimized code, and will include features not previously available in the old CSBs. Planned features include WAR3/W3XP support through BNLS, vL botnet support built-in, more exposed events including the ability to over-ride default packet handling for your own routines, and possibly even a version that uses hashfiles instead of BNLS. I expect it to be ready for private testing within a month, I do not know exactly when a public version will be released. (CupHead)[/quote]

Guess the rumors are true...

July 22, 2003, 7:15 PM

Search