Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Was hoping for a tech to give me a hand.

AuthorMessageTime
Crypticflare
I'm sorry I wasn't sure where I could post this on the forums so move it where deemed necessary. My computers are currently hooked on a LAN I bought a cheap belkin router to set this up. The downstairs computer which would be considered Master on the router cannot establish any connection to battle.net, I tried TelNet and it worked fine. Any Blizzard game I try on the Master end will start at querying gateway then just time out. The computer I own upstairs which is the slave on the router can connect fine using any other product. I was wondering if someone had an Idea from whats causing this, I've reinstalled many times, and it seems like I'm not getting anywhere. Much help is appreciated
July 18, 2003, 3:36 PM
Raven
Are the computers getting dynamic or static IPs?
July 18, 2003, 4:04 PM
Adron
Does DNS work? Did you telnet to an ip or a host name?
July 18, 2003, 4:09 PM
Crypticflare
I'm Dynamic IP, and I telnet'd the useast.battle.net, then I did uswest.battle.net and it worked fine. Is there anything Else I can let you know about reguarding my connection, or PC setup?
July 18, 2003, 5:20 PM
Raven
Yeah, who's your ISP, and what type of service is it? (Dial-up, DSL, etc.)

July 18, 2003, 11:22 PM
Crypticflare
www.netins.net

I use ADSL

see its just my downstairs computer, the upstairs one can connect fine and I can game on it. I'm thinking about just reformatting it downstairs and see if I can redo the LAN settings and clear it up.
July 19, 2003, 4:11 AM
Raven
Sorry, I was with friends over the weekend so I didn't really get on. So you have ADSL and you get a dynamic IP? Do you pay seperately for that? Well in any case, I think the situation is that the ISP may require for you to get permission if you're going to share the service over more than one computer. The thing about one comp functioning the way you want while others not may just be some freak of coding on someone's part. I'd suggest you contact the ISP about this issue.

Are the problems exclusive to battlenet, as in, you can play other online games and simultaneously surf without a problem, but battlenet rejects the connection, or something like that?
July 22, 2003, 12:43 AM

Search