Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Enraged Computer Owner Shoots Up Machine

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46611-2003Mar5.html

Enraged Computer Owner Shoots Up Machine

The Associated Press
Wednesday, March 5, 2003; 3:53 PM

George Doughty hung his latest hunting trophy on the wall of his Sportsman's Bar and Restaurant. Then he went to jail.

The problem was the trophy was Doughty's laptop computer.

He shot it four times, as customers watched, after it crashed once too often.

He was jailed on suspicion of felony menacing, reckless endangerment and the prohibited use of weapons.

"It's sort of funny, because everybody always threatens their computers," said police Lt. Rick Bashor, seconds before his own police computer froze at police headquarters.

Doughty was released Monday evening after spending a night in jail and is due in court Wednesday.

In police reports, Doughty said that he realized afterward that he shouldn't have shot his computer but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do.

© 2003 The Associated Press
March 10, 2003, 10:48 AM
Thing
I've never wanted to shoot my computer but I've savored the idea of shooting a few lusers.  I especially want to blast the ones that call and expect me to troubleshoot their problems over the phone, for free.  Fuck off!  I'm driving to your office, fixing your problem, getting my check, and then KILL you!!!

That being said, if any of you have a problem that you want me to help with, call me at BR-549.

March 10, 2003, 11:14 AM

Search