Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | CD-Key in use by _____ .

AuthorMessageTime
EnCoDe
How do I get the name of the person who is using the CD-Key if I try to connect and it's in use? (VB6)
July 17, 2003, 5:40 AM
WiLD
What are you using? CleanSlateBot?
July 17, 2003, 6:11 AM
Camel
Taken from BnetDocs:

[code]Packet ID: 0x51
Direction: Server -> Client (Received)
Format:
Help (DWORD)       Result
(STRING)       Additional Information
0x201: CD key in use (Additional info field supplies name of user)
...[/code]
July 17, 2003, 8:18 AM
Nova1313
Select Case nResult
Case &H0
Addtext "anerror", "Invalid CD-KEY" & vbCrLf, 1, True
Case &H1
Debug.Print Len(strCurrentData)
usedkey = Mid(strCurrentData, 9, Len(strCurrentData) - 9)
Addtext "anerror", "Cdkey In use by the installation name in brackets [" & usedkey & "]" & vbCrLf, 1, True

in that used key is the name.
July 17, 2003, 2:04 PM
CrAz3D
[quote]How do I get the name of the person who is using the CD-Key if I try to connect and it's in use? (VB6) [/quote]
I think he means he wants to know who is ACTUALLY using that key. Like the users's name.
July 17, 2003, 10:50 PM
Camel
Even if bnet knew, which it doesnt, it probably wouldnt tell.
July 18, 2003, 1:12 AM
CrAz3D
I'd think that they know everything that goes through their servers, otherwise it could pose a problem.
July 18, 2003, 3:47 AM
Maddox
Of course battle.net knows what username is on what cdkey. How else do you think they ban/mute keys?
July 18, 2003, 3:55 AM
CrAz3D
Random obnoxiousness?
July 18, 2003, 4:05 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
i second cr4z3d's idea!

well...actually...bnet doesnt link cdkeys to usernames to dish out to people....it uses the value stored when you install the software (remember the little box above the cdkey inputs?) i have no idea where thats stored tho.............ooo cuphead thats a good idea, add a .InUse like CleanSlateBot1.InUse = "Bob the magical elf" or something...i dunno i just came up with it.......
ANYWAYS BACK TO MY ORIGINAL TRAIN OF THOUGHT!!

if you could find wher bnet apps store their "registered to" values, you could load a bot on your key, and try to login, and get the error (so you can packet-capture it) :O you could probably then use a IF-THEN-ELSEIF statement to display the InUse values....because 99.9% of bots probably dont have the file with it...and it would be a pain to change anyways..i think.......hmm am i rambling?
July 18, 2003, 4:13 AM
Camel
It's in an mpq file; get a cd key viewer.
July 18, 2003, 4:28 AM
EnCoDe
I was actually asking how I get the acount name that is using my cd-key if i am connecting and it's in use. (remember on normal SC client when says: "Your CD-Key is in use by: <name> ")

I'm using a hashed bot. None of that CSB/BNLS stuff.
July 18, 2003, 8:02 AM
Skywing
[quote author=EnCoDe link=board=17;threadid=1938;start=0#msg15161 date=1058515335]
I was actually asking how I get the acount name that is using my cd-key if i am connecting and it's in use. (remember on normal SC client when says: "Your CD-Key is in use by: <name> ")

I'm using a hashed bot. None of that CSB/BNLS stuff.
[/quote]
You don't. SC gets it from the reply to the CD-key check message, and it's just an arbitrary, short string specified by the remote client. Thus not really that useful, unfortunately.
July 18, 2003, 8:44 AM
EnCoDe
Well I have seen many bots that are able to do this (eg: MadChat). Does anyone have the code for this?
July 18, 2003, 11:48 AM
MesiaH
It depends on what you insert your cdkey name as (This is good to tell what bots are ethbot or binarygateway ripoffs), you could always insert is as your bots base login name, but for the old login style, it would look something like this:

[code]
pBuffer.InsertDWORD 0
pBuffer.InsertDWORD Len(varCDKey)
pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblProdID)
pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblValue1)
pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblSeed)
pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblKey)
pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngKey
pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngSeed
pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngProdID
pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngValue1
pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngValue2
pBuffer.InsertNTString "BuddhaBot"
pBuffer.SendPacket &H36
[/code]

the last string in packet 0x36 is the cdkey name, that the client extracts from the mpq and sends to battle.net when you login, so if you replace that with a variable of your bots base login name, then sure, you could WHO your cdkey is being used by, but if its not done by a bot, your most likely never going to be able to tell.
July 18, 2003, 1:28 PM
PaiD
were would I get a cd key viewer?
July 18, 2003, 5:36 PM
Camel
[quote author=EnCoDe link=board=17;threadid=1938;start=0#msg15178 date=1058528888]
Well I have seen many bots that are able to do this (eg: MadChat). Does anyone have the code for this?
[/quote]

The only way it would be possible is if the user using your cd key is on a bot that sends the accountname as the arbitrary string Skywing referred to. Said string is the only information you will ever recieve about the person using a key through 0x50 or 0x06.

The programmer of MadChat may have mistakenly thought that the string was supposed to be the user's account, thus leading you to believe the same.
July 18, 2003, 9:16 PM

Search