Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Creating A Bot

AuthorMessageTime
Slob
Okay. Thanks to iago and others that replyed to my topic, i have a small understandment of VB imma try to create a bot. I downloaded a Chat Bot Source. Imma try to work from that.
July 14, 2003, 11:41 PM
RhiNo
i suggest buying a book and starting off with a simple program
July 14, 2003, 11:52 PM
Slob
A Book? Hmm what book? Why buy a book when thiers a world wide web.
July 15, 2003, 12:22 AM
Grok
OK first of all I am extremely prejudiced against AOLers, so do try not to look like one when you post on our forums.

Otherwise I'm an extremely helpful and friendly person! Yeh right :)

I can promise you that if you don't have the internal drive to learn, and thrill of creating stuff from your own brain, you won't get very far. I think that's what most everyone on these boards who is successful shares -- their own motivation to make stuff and see it work.

On the other hand, you could always go to college, learn COBOL/RPG and get a corporate job writing AS400 programs to display green screens of financial data the rest of your life. Then you'll be a pro too, yeh, you will.
July 15, 2003, 12:43 AM
Slob
Okay, I have the brain and the thrill to create and think of my own stuff / programs. I just need to be guided on how to learn the the stuff or how to get and understandment of the codes.

What makes me look like an AOLer?
Tell me so i can correct myself.

I am gonna go to college but i need to finish High School.Im just really into programming now and i wanna get a head start on learning and understanding it.
July 15, 2003, 1:28 AM
CrAz3D
Get a tutorial program to guide you through the basics. I like Learn2, it was quite easy. Maybe http://www.valhallalegends.com/arta/bnetdocs/?

You may be tagged as an AOLer because of your lovely grammar.
July 15, 2003, 1:47 AM
Slob
lol yeah i got ban.
July 15, 2003, 4:51 AM
CrAz3D
try http://pscode.com for some basic sources. Most are out of date so it doesn't matter.
July 15, 2003, 1:14 PM
Camel
[quote author=Bubba link=board=17;threadid=1912;start=0#msg14846 date=1058232506]What makes me look like an AOLer?
Tell me so i can correct myself.[/quote]

Your IP address, possibly?
July 15, 2003, 9:18 PM
Slob
well im getting new isp in 3 weeks.
July 16, 2003, 4:17 AM
Dayclone
heh Start off by buying a good VB book or w/e you wanna learn that intrests you i've personally have a VB book made by Microsoft and i can't get the off the top of my head.[quote]On the other hand, you could always go to college, learn COBOL/RPG and get a corporate job writing AS400 programs to display green screens of financial data the rest of your life. Then you'll be a pro too, yeh, you will. [/quote]

ummm that's dosen't sound intresting making green screens for the rest of your life heh.. i couldn't live with that, do these guys even get paid alot and college sux no offence but University is what i prefer just study good in school :) and you will make it. IT ALL WILL EVENTUALLY PAY OFF.
July 16, 2003, 3:54 PM
Yoni
[quote author=Grok link=board=17;threadid=1912;start=0#msg14841 date=1058229829]
On the other hand, you could always go to college, learn COBOL/RPG and get a corporate job writing AS400 programs to display green screens of financial data the rest of your life.
[/quote]

"Can I get that in cornflower blue?"
July 17, 2003, 11:30 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
you could always just screw around until u understand things, or do what i did, ask a lot of questions at http://www.vbforums.com/ that place is great, questions answered quickyl every time!
July 17, 2003, 11:43 PM
St0rm.iD
or you could NOT USE VB!

python is way easier to learn.
July 18, 2003, 1:21 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
:O

vb is good for beginner bot makers
July 18, 2003, 5:39 AM
hismajesty
www.vbexplorer.com
July 18, 2003, 4:20 PM
TheMinistered
"vb is the best language ever for making bots", says the newbie programmers. At the sound of this David, in an out rage, rapes them all.

Visual Basic can be used to develop bots. However, it helps if you actually use your own code and develop it from the ground up with no assistance. Otherwise, you gain nothing from it.
July 18, 2003, 4:41 PM
Camel
[quote author=TheMinistered link=board=17;threadid=1912;start=15#msg15201 date=1058546467]"vb is the best language ever for making bots", says the newbie programmers. At the sound of this David, in an out rage, rapes them all.

Visual Basic can be used to develop bots. However, it helps if you actually use your own code and develop it from the ground up with no assistance. Otherwise, you gain nothing from it.[/quote]

One can learn from another's code.
July 18, 2003, 9:04 PM
Avenge
[quote author=Dayclone link=board=17;threadid=1912;start=0#msg14993 date=1058370849]
heh Start off by buying a good VB book or w/e you wanna learn that intrests you i've personally have a VB book made by Microsoft and i can't get the off the top of my head.[quote]On the other hand, you could always go to college, learn COBOL/RPG and get a corporate job writing AS400 programs to display green screens of financial data the rest of your life. Then you'll be a pro too, yeh, you will. [/quote]

ummm that's dosen't sound intresting making green screens for the rest of your life heh.. i couldn't live with that, do these guys even get paid alot and college sux no offence but University is what i prefer just study good in school :) and you will make it. IT ALL WILL EVENTUALLY PAY OFF.
[/quote]

I can tell that yours paid off ::)
July 18, 2003, 11:59 PM

Search