Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Stalking.....

AuthorMessageTime
WiLD
Ok im working on a new bot. But i cant figure out how do do this 1 thing. I want it so when some1 leaves it checks whether its its master and if it is it does "/f l" (i have the bot on my friends list) and it sees what channel im in and joins it. I cant extract the name of the channel.

Plz post nething that may help thx
July 14, 2003, 3:22 PM
Soul Taker
If the bot is using War3, just use the binary friend list to easily grab the channel. If not, (assuming you use VB) just InStr() to 'in the channel', then do a Mid() offset by the length of 'in the channel ' and remove the trailing period.

Edit - whoops, it's 'in THE channel'
July 14, 2003, 3:26 PM
WiLD
Oyea srr im using CSB -.-
Also an example would be great
July 14, 2003, 3:28 PM
Soul Taker
This is off the top of my head so use at your own risk.
[code]
intStart = InStr(1, strData, "in the channel") 'strData being the incoming message
intStart = intStart + len("in the channel ") + 1 'Should offset this enough to start at the channel in the message, if not tweak it =P
strChannel = Mid(strdata, intStart) 'Grabs channel
strChannel = Mid(strChannel, 1, Len(strChannel - 1)) 'Should remove the period
[/code]
Hope that gives you the idea.
July 14, 2003, 3:33 PM
WiLD
ok thx
ill give that a try.
even though im not good at vb i think i should:
csb.send "/join " & intStart
is that correct?
July 14, 2003, 4:12 PM
Soul Taker
No. intStart should be an integer that simply directs the Mid() statement. strChannel should be a string which the channel is assigned to.
July 14, 2003, 4:14 PM
WiLD
k
lol almost 4got wat int meant.... :/

csb.send "/join " & strChannel
thats correct isnt it?
July 14, 2003, 4:16 PM
Soul Taker
Try it and find out. If not, debug it and see why it's not correct. You can't learn unless you try =P
July 14, 2003, 4:19 PM
WiLD
lol srr Nub we musta posted near da same time :/
I would try it but im very tired trying 2 finish my clan site :/

Ill try it tomorrow but thx neways

oyea u no how u can creat DHTML pages with vb6, is it the same as normal vb or is it different?
July 14, 2003, 4:24 PM
Grok
[quote author=WiLD link=board=17;threadid=1909;start=0#msg14788 date=1058199895]
oyea u no how u can creat DHTML pages with vb6, is it the same as normal vb or is it different?
[/quote]

Rephrase that in English, and ask it in a new thread.
July 14, 2003, 4:51 PM
WiLD
Ok iv jus tried it,
[code]
intStart = InStr(1, strData, "in the channel") 'strData being the incoming message
intStart = intStart + len("in the channel ") + 1 'Should offset this enough to start at the channel in the message, if not tweak it =P
strChannel = Mid(strdata, intStart) 'Grabs channel
strChannel = Mid(strChannel, 1, Len(strChannel - 1)) 'Should remove the period
csb.send "/join " & strChannel
[/code]

Says theres an error with strChannel do i Dim strChannel or what?
July 15, 2003, 5:49 AM
Soul Taker
Dim strChannel as String, intStart as Integer
July 15, 2003, 5:50 AM
WiLD
ic, asfter i posted it i tried dim strchannel kinda got it wrong didnt i lol

soul taker you have proberly provided me with the most help ever in the on topic
July 15, 2003, 5:54 AM
Grok
[quote author=WiLD link=board=17;threadid=1909;start=0#msg14872 date=1058248449]soul taker you have proberly provided me with the most help ever in the on topic[/quote]

Oh Fear Ye Not, For Thoust Benefactor Soul Taker Will Be Punished Accord To His Deeds.

j/k
July 15, 2003, 6:05 AM

Search